X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancurio
    replied
    Originally posted by Sethox View Post

That has to do with Steam and not the drivers themselves. Apparently Steam has some pretty old drivers so you have to find them and delete them yourself, then steam will be forced to use the installed drivers. Why Steam has drivers of their own is logical, but why they don't update it is a mystery.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/50634...performance-pr
    Steam doesn't ship drivers. It's because they force their own libstdc++ and friends on their applications, and the FOSS drivers need newer versions of these basic libraries to run (due to LLVM, so mostly only radeon).

Leave a comment:

• Sethox
    replied
    Originally posted by madjr View Post
    hmm, steam on ubuntu 15.04 will not even launch with the open source drivers.

after I install Fglrx it starts...
    That has to do with Steam and not the drivers themselves. Apparently Steam has some pretty old drivers so you have to find them and delete them yourself, then steam will be forced to use the installed drivers. Why Steam has drivers of their own is logical, but why they don't update it is a mystery.

When I start steam in a terminal, I get the following error messages charlie@SteamMPL:~$ steam rm: no se puede borrar «/home/charlie/.steam/steam»: Es un directorio rm: no se puede borrar «/home/c...

Leave a comment:

• madjr
    replied
    hmm, steam on ubuntu 15.04 will not even launch with the open source drivers.

after I install Fglrx it starts...

Leave a comment:

• nightmarex
    replied
    Haagch, Don't use the slider. Turn the renderer to max, add most features and boom works flawless, when i used the slider initially I got a black screen but I have been playing it since 16.0 using the technique i described. ~100fps non framelocked 60 solid when using it... I still need to record a better video to show that radeonsi handles it pretty damn well.

Leave a comment:

• haagch
    replied
    Currently looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oafFg3GZGSk

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Mesa 10.6.1 Brings A Bug-Fix For Dota 2 Reborn

Mesa 10.6.1 Brings A Bug-Fix For Dota 2 Reborn

Phoronix: Mesa 10.6.1 Brings A Bug-Fix For Dota 2 Reborn

Mesa 10.6.1 was released today as the first point release to Mesa 10.6...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X