Freedreno Is Providing Good Adreno A4xx Graphics Acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drago View Post
    Thanks! I believe the first DE compositor for mass use, to be Mutter. I guess we will have it in less than a year in Fedora 23. Exciting times indeed.
    indeed, in fact it runs nicely on rawhide, and on freedreno too (triggers some cursor issues in mdp4 display controller code (ie. apq8064 and older) which I still need to debug, but seems to run fine on mdp5 (apq8x74, 8x84, 8x16, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by robclark View Post
      indeed, in fact it runs nicely on rawhide, and on freedreno too (triggers some cursor issues in mdp4 display controller code (ie. apq8064 and older) which I still need to debug, but seems to run fine on mdp5 (apq8x74, 8x84, 8x16, etc)
      Rob, can you recommend Amazon's FireTV as a lightweight desktop computer, using Fedora?

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
        Rob, can you recommend Amazon's FireTV as a lightweight desktop computer, using Fedora?
        My only complaint about the firetv was the locked bootloader.. but I think there is a current bootloader unlock. I'm using mine regularly as an xbmc/mediacenter. IIRC it has only 4 or 8GB of eMMC which is a bit tight for a filesystem, esp once you start installing a few games. I ended up hacking up my fs a bit to move data files and video/etc over to a usb hd. (But then again you need a hub if you also want a keyboard/etc)

This might also be interesting, depending on how locked down it is:
        Razer has joined other recent comers in the Android TV arena with Forge TV, but unlike the others, its box is aimed squarely at gamers, not cord-cutters. As such, it's suitably powerful with a quad-core Snapdragon 805 CPU, Adreno 420 GPU, 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, 2GB RAM and 16GB of storage. Yes, that'll let it handle garden-variety Google Play games for up to four players and beam them onto a big-screen TV. But the Forge TV's main powers have little to do with weak-sauce Android gaming, and more to do with Razer Bluetooth peripherals and the piece de resistance called "Cortex: Stream." That tech uses WiFi to give you low-latency streaming from a source far more suitable to gaming than a dinky Android box -- namely, your PC.

Still wish it had an extra usb port or two, but at least 16GB eMMC. And should be an even better option for games, with the adreno a420.

Comment

Working...
        X