53 Patches Published For Gallium3D's Direct3D 9 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vitalif View Post
    New Nine doesn't work with radeon drivers, because radeon drivers miss DRI3, and since recently Nine is based on DRI3 and does not work with DRI2 :-(

So until someone implements DRI3 for radeon it's useless... There is a patch from iXit, but I've tried it and it's very buggy. Basically unusable.
    I've used Ixit's radeon dri3 without issues in the past, what's your problem?

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      The glamor code in the xserver accelerates far more than standalone glamor or exa do.
      Then we need fresh Phoronix benchmarks with the in-server acceleration. But I doubt the tearing issue is solved still (on X without a compositor with glamor).

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
        Why all this insanity with making windows games work on linux? Can't you just maintain a windows partition for games and be done with it?
        Like someone wrote before, dual booting is not that cool for a lot of us for various reasons.
        I actually look forward to near-95% perf VM, that would be pretty good, and it seems we are there, just my hardware is too old for it...
        The other issue with dual booting/VM, is the cost of the Windows license vs the cost of wine and mesa-nine...

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        Probably yes, the AUR package seems to fetch sources from there: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/w...r-git/PKGBUILD

I'm sure I will try it later, though compiling wine takes a long time, so I hate it.

Are there other sources of this stuff you can recommend?
        You can use ccache, it makes building wine and mesa A LOT faster.

Comment

Oh, one point relating the recent "shader compiler has become slower than my grandpa" news - does that mean there's a 10ms stutter when glamor encounters a new type of 2d operation for the first time in this reboot?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Then we need fresh Phoronix benchmarks with the in-server acceleration. But I doubt the tearing issue is solved still (on X without a compositor with glamor).
            Few small differences between xserver 1.16 vs 1.17 glamor to me are: firefox missing font(s) with default xrender fixed, gtk grab animation faster, gtkperf faster...

But yeah tearing is still there without composite, AFAIK EXA only have a hack to prevent that... might be hacks are not alowed in xserver
            Without composite only proper fullscreen apps should no tear thanks to pageflipping.

Comment

BTW, Gallium Nine works very well on radeon. I use patched xf86-video-ati, so I can use the DRI3-only version that is in Mesa master.

Just a note for people who want to compile Mesa/Nine from source: Don't even bother with the 64-bit build. Most Windows games are 32-bit apps, so all you need is a 32-bit Mesa + its dependencies. You can get patched Wine from some PPA. Also, apply the patch for xf86-video-ati from David Heidelberger to get enough DRI3 support that Nine requires.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                BTW, Gallium Nine works very well on radeon.
                Might depend on what game you like to play

Discussion of Mesa / Gallium3D components for Linux and other operating systems. This includes open-source 3D hardware drivers, state trackers, OpenCL, OpenGL, Vulkan, and SPIR-V support.

Discussion of Mesa / Gallium3D components for Linux and other operating systems. This includes open-source 3D hardware drivers, state trackers, OpenCL, OpenGL, Vulkan, and SPIR-V support.

Any news that DS2 works now?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  I don't think it ever sucked that much (although I understand why someone might say it anyways), but AFAIK the glamor code in X 1.17 is looking pretty good.
                  Oh it did bridgman, trust me. I hated glamor so much that you can't even imagine. Fortunately since xorg-server 1.16/1.17 it improved a lot and it's very usable nowadays.
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
                    It's not true anymore.

Since Fedora wanted to ship Gallium Nine support, we made patches to have a DRI2 fallback. So it'll work with DRI2 (but there is a small perf hit)
                    Cool! Just checked it - Nine works again! Thank you!

As I understand it still misses some features (?), because for example Flatout 2 doesn't start when Nine is enabled with message "Failed to create effect: data/shaders/pro_static2x.sha", and if I copy native windows d3dx9_30.dll to flatout folder it starts but cars are black. Should I file a bug for this issue?

NFS Underground and Underground 2 also don't start with Nine with the following message:

../../../../../../src/gallium/drivers/r600/r600_state.c:1076:r600_init_depth_surface: Assertion `format != ~0' failed.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                      BTW, Gallium Nine works very well on radeon. I use patched xf86-video-ati, so I can use the DRI3-only version that is in Mesa master.

Just a note for people who want to compile Mesa/Nine from source: Don't even bother with the 64-bit build. Most Windows games are 32-bit apps, so all you need is a 32-bit Mesa + its dependencies. You can get patched Wine from some PPA. Also, apply the patch for xf86-video-ati from David Heidelberger to get enough DRI3 support that Nine requires.
                      Good call. I used 64-bit everything, including wine. The next test setup I'll try will be full 32-bit, even the OS.

Comment

Working...
                      X