No announcement yet.

53 Patches Published For Gallium3D's Direct3D 9 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing 15 older games with Nine. Arch 32-bit, fresh install, mesa-git, xf86-video-ati-git, linux-mainline (kernel 3.19RC3) and wine-d3dadapter-git installed from AUR.

Radeon 6850, Phenom II X4 3,25GHz, 4GB RAM
    Games are Steam versions (where applicable), running at the highest possible settings except for AA and AF which are always off. Skyrim was set to "High" preset as an exception. Resolution is 1080p.

Results:
    Code:
    Assassin's Creed:
    Performance is OK, freezes eventually. (Happened at tutorial/jar carriers.)

Audiosurf:
    Performance is OK, has graphics glitches (red tint) at max. settings.

Dark Messiah:
    Performance is OK, graphics glitches (probably related to HDR) appear after you kill the cyclops and proceed to the next level (city).

Oblivion:
    Performance is OK, 2D elements (menu and HUD) have major glitches (probably related to transparency).

Skyrim:
    Won't start

PoP: Warrior Within:
    Won't start (crash)

PoP: Two Thrones:
    Won't start (crash)

Star Wars: Battlefront:
    Menu runs fine, crashes when a game is started. (This is when it would switch resolution and enter 3D mode.)

Star Wars: Battlefront 2:
    Won't start

Vampire Bloodlines:
    All black after the intro videos

Zeno Clash:
    Performance is OK, runs perfectly, high shadows not available (probably due to an nvidia card being reported).

Zeno Clash 2:
    Won't start

NFS Most Wanted (2005):
    Won't start (crash)

NFS Carbon:
    Won't start (crash)

Guitar Hero 3:
    Performance is OK. Long part of long notes is invisible at all times. Shows a green box in the corner with the text "missing texture FIX ME" and a strange battery-like icon on top of it. I've never seen this in the game before.
    Still not a great experience, but it's a bit better than last time. The absolute winner is Zeno Clash which runs terribly in regular wine and wine CSMT, but runs perfectly with Nine and has windows-like performance. I was very sorry for NFSMW as if it ran it would probably have enabled PCF shadows due to an nvidia card being reported to games.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      Testing 15 older games with Nine. Arch 32-bit, fresh install, mesa-git, xf86-video-ati-git, linux-mainline (kernel 3.19RC3) and wine-d3dadapter-git installed from AUR.

Radeon 6850, Phenom II X4 3,25GHz, 4GB RAM
      Games are Steam versions (where applicable), running at the highest possible settings except for AA and AF which are always off. Skyrim was set to "High" preset as an exception. Resolution is 1080p.

Results:
      Code:
      Assassin's Creed:
      Performance is OK, freezes eventually. (Happened at tutorial/jar carriers.)

Audiosurf:
      Performance is OK, has graphics glitches (red tint) at max. settings.

Dark Messiah:
      Performance is OK, graphics glitches (probably related to HDR) appear after you kill the cyclops and proceed to the next level (city).

Oblivion:
      Performance is OK, 2D elements (menu and HUD) have major glitches (probably related to transparency).

Skyrim:
      Won't start

PoP: Warrior Within:
      Won't start (crash)

PoP: Two Thrones:
      Won't start (crash)

Star Wars: Battlefront:
      Menu runs fine, crashes when a game is started. (This is when it would switch resolution and enter 3D mode.)

Star Wars: Battlefront 2:
      Won't start

Vampire Bloodlines:
      All black after the intro videos

Zeno Clash:
      Performance is OK, runs perfectly, high shadows not available (probably due to an nvidia card being reported).

Zeno Clash 2:
      Won't start

NFS Most Wanted (2005):
      Won't start (crash)

NFS Carbon:
      Won't start (crash)

Guitar Hero 3:
      Performance is OK. Long part of long notes is invisible at all times. Shows a green box in the corner with the text "missing texture FIX ME" and a strange battery-like icon on top of it. I've never seen this in the game before.
      Still not a great experience, but it's a bit better than last time. The absolute winner is Zeno Clash which runs terribly in regular wine and wine CSMT, but runs perfectly with Nine and has windows-like performance. I was very sorry for NFSMW as if it ran it would probably have enabled PCF shadows due to an nvidia card being reported to games.
      Probably a lot of things you reported are going to be fixed with the patches on the mailing list.

Also for Skyrim, it should start, as it works for several of us, and even on mesa-git. I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
        Probably a lot of things you reported are going to be fixed with the patches on the mailing list.

Also for Skyrim, it should start, as it works for several of us, and even on mesa-git. I don't know why it doesn't work for you.
        I don't know either, it did work last time. Maybe it will work again next time.

One more thing. I also tested 3DMark06. It works and is able to run to the end. However, SM2.0 tests show only flashing colors, no objects on the screen at all. Is SM2.0 not supported yet? (It should be, many DX9 games use it because of the original Radeon X series not supporting SM3.0.) The test result (regardless of the issue) seems to be quite accurate and close to the result I get under windows.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          I don't know either, it did work last time. Maybe it will work again next time.

One more thing. I also tested 3DMark06. It works and is able to run to the end. However, SM2.0 tests show only flashing colors, no objects on the screen at all. Is SM2.0 not supported yet? (It should be, many DX9 games use it because of the original Radeon X series not supporting SM3.0.) The test result (regardless of the issue) seems to be quite accurate and close to the result I get under windows.
          3Dmark is fixed by the last patch of the serie: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ry/073922.html

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
            3Dmark is fixed by the last patch of the serie: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ry/073922.html
            Nice. I'll make sure to check again after some time, when all these get merged.

Comment

Does Oibaf now include the Gallium drivers in his drivers PPA, or do I need to continue to include is Gallium PPA as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                Does Oibaf now include the Gallium drivers in his drivers PPA, or do I need to continue to include is Gallium PPA as well?
                Oibaf's PPA contains the Gallium Nine in Mesa git. His Gallium Nine PPA follows the ixit repository, which has all of the patches on the mailing list, but is usually behind mesa-git in everything else by a few days as it isn't always rebased daily.

Comment

The Oibaf's PPA works with Debian to install the latest mesa with gallium 9 support? It mess up the system or can it be uninstalled without much pain?

Thanks!
                  Last edited by Khudsa; 20 January 2015, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X