Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skrapion View Post
    Ungrateful git.

The really hard work - work being done largely by the people involved with Wayland - is in porting the various toolkits and libraries away from X.

If they didn't do this work, neither Wayland nor Mir would have been possible. Even if you're rooting for Mir over Wayland, the work of these individuals still deserves your fucking respect.
    probably better to just ignore BO$$.. I don't think that person really has much grasp of the linux gfx stack or where the work involved to make wayland happens actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by robclark View Post
      probably better to just ignore BO$$..
      *cough
      *cough (2nd cough was only because of character limit)

The Contrarian Troll - A sophisticated breed, Contrarian Trolls frequent boards whose predominant opinions are contrary to their own. A forum dominated by those who support firearms and knife rights, for example, will invariably be visited by Contrarian Trolls espousing their beliefs in the benefits of gun control. It is important to distinguish between dissenters and actual Contrarian Trolls, however; the Contrarian is not categorized as a troll because of his or her dissenting opinions, but due to the manner in which he or she behaves:

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number One: The most important indicator of a poster's Contrarian Troll status is his constant use of subtle and not-so-subtle insults, a technique intended to make people angry. Contrarians will resist the urge to be insulting at first, but as their post count increases, they become more and more abusive of those with whom they disagree. Most often they initiate the insults in the course of what has been a civil, if heated, debate to that point.

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Two: Constant references to the forum membership as monolithic. "You guys are all just [descriptor]." "You're a lynch mob." "You all just want to ridicule anyone who disagrees with you."

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Three: Intellectual dishonesty. This is only a mild indicator that is not limited to trolls, but Contrarians display it to a high degree. They will lie about things they've said, pull posts out of context in a manner that changes their meanings significantly, and generally ignore any points for which they have no ready answers.

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Four: Accusing the accusers. When confronted with their trolling, trolls immediately respond that it is the accusers who are trolls. Often the Contrarian will single out his most vocal opponent and claim that while he can respect his other opponents, this one in particular is beneath his notice.

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Five: Attempts to condescend. The Contrarian will seek refuge in condescending remarks that repeatedly scorn his or her critics as beneath notice – all the while continuing to respond to them.

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Six: One distinctive mark of Contrarian Trolls is that every thread in which they dissent quickly devolves into a debate about who is trolling whom. In the course of such a debate the Contrarian will display many of the other Warning Signs mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$
        Laugh all you want. When Canonical will crush all the linux distros when it comes to popularity (it already does but you trolls won't admit it) I'll have some serious fun. But until then I can watch Microsoft totally dominating your world. Microsoft must be idiots with their direction but even then, they're still better than anything Linux. How much must Microsoft suck then? It is better than your Gentoo, Arch, Slackware or whatever. Ubuntu is the only distro that might have a chance if they play their cards right. The only one. Not anyone is anything close to their popularity and even as popular as they are they still don't exist compared to Windows. You people with Wayland and Mir issues, how much you don't even exist. I'm too bored to reply to you nobodys. You don't want to understand that all that fragmentation and fighting against Canonical will only do you harm. You either pull together behind Canonical or Microsoft will fuck you forever. As much as I hate Microsoft and hoped that open source was more OK, I realized that Microsoft might be doing stuff to boost their profits, while you free software zealots remain in the 90's with your approach and understanding of the market. It's almost like Microsoft can fuck it up as much as they want, and they will still come on top. And all that because of your inferiority complex that you cannot shake when compared to Microsoft. As boring as Microsoft is, it is still way cooler than Linux. More applications, easier to use, cheaper to use, faster, more stable, and as insanely as it sound, more open: you can do more on Windows than on Linux, which has its free software zealots who don't approve of the closed source AMD drivers.

Initially I hoped that Linux will overtake Windows, now I hope Microsoft will completely obliterate Linux. And the most beautiful way to destroy Linux is to make the Linux zealots think they matter all the while they play in their tar pit, changing nothing in the Universe. The more they think they have an impact, the lower that impact is.

I laugh at your Wayland vs Mir issues. No matter who wins it only goes on to show how fucked up the Linux community is. Microsoft would have chosen one and went with it. You just debate like little girls. Let the real men make the money and dominate the world. Good bye!

Comment

No I wouldn't. If they had 1 million LOC in five years I would have been seriously impressed.
          The Linux kernel has ~3million LOC.

Wayland isn't small because they are some great coders but because it doesn't do much!
          And it shouldn't. Main advantage of Mir is exactly the same: it's lean, it doesn't do much.
          I guess Canonical should write their own, with 500 million LOC.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
            *cough
            *cough (2nd cough was only because of character limit)
            Oh my goggles, it's bozley. Spot on, man, spot on. It all makes sense now! Let's see if we can get a bingo here:

Originally posted by DanL
            ? Contrarian Warning Sign Number One: The most important indicator of a poster's Contrarian Troll status is his constant use of subtle and not-so-subtle insults, a technique intended to make people angry.
            Originally posted by Bozley
            It is better than your Gentoo, Arch, Slackware or whatever.
            As boring as Microsoft is, it is still way cooler than Linux.
            I laugh at your Wayland vs Mir issues. No matter who wins it only goes on to show how fucked up the Linux community is. Microsoft would have chosen one and went with it. You just debate like little girls.
            B.

? Contrarian Warning Sign Number Two: Constant references to the forum membership as monolithic. "You guys are all just [descriptor]."
            free software zealots
            Linux zealots
            zealots
            I.

? Contrarian Warning Sign Number Three: Intellectual dishonesty.
            Well... I really don't need a quote for this one, do I? Just look at... oh, every single bozley post ever?

N.

? Contrarian Warning Sign Number Four: Accusing the accusers. When confronted with their trolling, trolls immediately respond that it is the accusers who are trolls.
            When Canonical will crush all the linux distros when it comes to popularity (it already does but you trolls won't admit it)
            G.

? Contrarian Warning Sign Number Five: Attempts to condescend. The Contrarian will seek refuge in condescending remarks that repeatedly scorn his or her critics as beneath notice ? all the while continuing to respond to them.
            You people with Wayland and Mir issues, how much you don't even exist. I'm too bored to reply to you nobodys.
            BINGO!

It's a troll bingo! What do I win? (Please be chocolate please be chocolate...)

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
              The Linux kernel has ~3million LOC.
              Actually, just over 15 million LOC as of Kernel 3.3.

The Linux kernel source code has grown by more than 50-percent in size over the past 39 months, and will cross a total of 15 million lines with the upcoming version 3.3 release.

Comment

Originally posted by synaptix View Post
                Actually, just over 15 million LOC as of Kernel 3.3.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Lin...ode,14495.html
                Oww, I thought I recalled correctly. Then most likely I recalled Minix' count.
                I stand corrected.

EDIT: Nope, not ever Minix, it's got 6000 LOC, only.

Comment

Good bye!
                  thank-you.. best thing you've said all thread :-)

Comment

Good bye!
                    You're leaving and never coming back to Phoronix?

Comment

What? Slow down with the nose candy...
                      Love it. Nose candy.... Brilliant......

Comment

Working...
                      X