Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The State Of OpenGL 3.0 Support In Mesa

Phoronix: The State Of OpenGL 3.0 Support In Mesa

Last month during XDC2011 Chicago it was publicly talked about how Intel wants OpenGL 3.0 support in Mesa and ideally before year's end. But how's that goal coming?..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Really passionate people don't think in workdays. If you care about creating something, especially with public domain work, you care for; you work unpaid over hours.

Otherwise you should get rid of them.

Welcome to the computer industry. I bet most would kill for being able to do that work (both chance and skill).

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
      Really passionate people don't think in workdays. If you care about creating something, especially with public domain work, you care for; you work unpaid over hours.

Otherwise you should get rid of them.

Welcome to the computer industry. I bet most would kill for being able to do that work (both chance and skill).
      So if they don't want to work unpaid overtime, they should be fired? Huh? Why don't we just let EVERYONE contribute, whether they're volunteers or paid employees.

A tip: Even if you're passionate about something, you have to pace yourself or you will burn out eventually. Having a predicted schedule can help you pace yourself so that you can keep contributing for years instead of burning out after 6 months and wanting to do something else.

Either way, we're still benefiting from their work without having to buy a license. Ideally, we'll report bugs, troubleshoot, and if we know how we'll produce patches to fix issues we run into.

Comment

But would you also learn to program for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragas View Post
          But would you also learn to program for this?
          Yes. At school I learn how to wire chips with breadboards and microcontrollers. I learn how computers work, how to program in C and all kinds of wierdisch assembly (industrial automation side, but I chose embedded). Reading ARM documents and erretas. Learning OS design.

I'm only at my second year of bachelor, so I'm not realy far...

Comment

Yes. At school I learn how to wire chips with breadboards and microcontrollers. I learn how computers work, how to program in C and all kinds of wierdisch assembly (industrial automation side, but I chose embedded). Reading ARM documents and erretas. Learning OS design.

I'm only at my second year of bachelor, so I'm not realy far...
            Keep up the good work then. We look forward to when you feel comfortable joining us in the fun

Comment

Working...
            X