Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Pushes gDEBugger Away From Linux, Mac OS X

Phoronix: AMD Pushes gDEBugger Away From Linux, Mac OS X

gDEBugger, a program developed by Graphic Remedy for debugging, profiling, and analyzing OpenGL (and OpenCL) applications, was a very useful tool for graphics developer. gDEBugger worked with GPUs from all major vendors, is capable of locating graphics pipeline performance bottlenecks, allowed dynamically editing GLSL shaders in real-time, and had many other capabilities. This powerful utility was even made free of charge to Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux users. Graphic Remedy was acquired by AMD last month and already the non-Windows users have been shafted with their OS support being dropped...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by MicahVillmow
    http://www.gremedy.com/download.php

Try that to see if it fits your needs. Linux support is coming later this year.
    Source

I even got this information from an AMD news site which is not Linux specific...

Comment

Mh thats confusing. I hope AMD think about it again.

Comment

Opening for ApiTrace?

It's pretty disappointing to see this. I did a little beta testing of the linux gDEBugger when it first came out. I only got to do a little however because I was mainly interested in programming with Lisp and debugging the API calls to OpenGL. gDEBugger never let me do this -- at least I never could find a way. BuGLe was more of what I was looking for but the interface, or lack thereof, felt like a hinderance. I'm now more inclined to cheer on ApiTrace with it's similar driver pass-through listening and seemingly friendly GUI.

ApiTrace's GitHub page
        Last edited by tsuru; 08 July 2011, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Right in the face of all those who buy AMD to support openness

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            Right in the face of all those who buy AMD to support openness
            Read the thread before making a comment. It's not difficult, especially when there are 3 posts. An AMD employee said Linux support is forthcoming within the year.

Comment

Nobody reads?

2nd post in this thread (first post belongs to phoronix bot) stated that a Linux version was coming and even linked to an AMD employee saying so. Then three other people come in speaking of disappointment?

Comment

Originally posted by renkin View Post
                2nd post in this thread (first post belongs to phoronix bot) stated that a Linux version was coming and even linked to an AMD employee saying so. Then three other people come in speaking of disappointment?
                Either they didn't read it or are nvidia fanatics that take every chance they get at bashing AMD as if nvidia will give them a prize for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                  Read the thread before making a comment. It's not difficult, especially when there are 3 posts. An AMD employee said Linux support is forthcoming within the year.
                  Let me try to explain, cause my previous post sounded like an ass.
                  Support for Linux may be coming, but certainly not for VS2010. So, in addition to removing support for other manufacturer's chips, AMD's first move was to move the project away from its cross platform roots. It could be they just added some additional DirectX functionality, but knowing AMD's attitude towards Linux, I'm not expecting first-class support.

Comment

adobe did that too , recently .... if the kernel had manufacturers drivers , may be that would be different .
                    linux is "free" but does not use the "free" drivers , that is the bug . moreover because linux is a very little os that should use all available things that can make it used and "loved" [ i think of manufacturers ...8"]

Comment

Working...
                    X