Mesa 24.1 Zink Lands "Super Fast" Merge Request To Optimize IO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post

The problem with this mentality of yours is it that takes the 80 IQ guys to get to writing GUIs that normal people can actually use, instead of the same old unusuable CLIs that have languished the Linux ecosystem for a long time.

The sad fact is that there is a certain segment of users who identify as CLI users and they'll never lift a finger to help anybody out, to the point of being a form of nasty elitism. If you don't want to use CLI too? You don't want to RTFM? You don't want to suffer through the MAN pages? Well, they don't, can't, and will not help you. You're simply beneath them.

It's 2024 now, and pretty much anything you want to do in Linux these days is just a click click click away with some GUI, but I still often run into people who haven't kept up on Linux and the first thing out of their mouth is about command lines and how they don't want to get stuck using command lines.

Yeah it's partly their fault for not trying something more recent before spouting words that make them stupid, but realistically the nasty CLI elitists foisted this upon us with their conservative refusal to change and see the utility of GUIs, even if they wouldn't be forced to use the GUIs themselves.
    I wasn't arguing against GUI apps, per se. One of the main issues is that GUI apps have become slower with each generation. There are some advantages when upgrading the frameworks. E.g. GTK 2.0 brought Unicode. Still GTK 1.x was faster to render. There used to be time when I thought GTK+ 2.x was bloated, but now we have web applications. E.g. take a look at this https://tonsky.me/blog/js-bloat/ - modern web email suites are more complex code bases and a lot slower than native email apps. For example Claws mail is a lot faster and less resource intensive than the gmail web interface. And it can do a lot more.

We can thank our woke overlords for letting the retarded develop our web applications. They're now full of security holes, full of bugs, and slow as hell.

Comment

Working...
    X