No announcement yet.

UWP'ed Mesa Running On Microsoft Xbox, Allowing For New Game Ports With OpenGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting, this could enable more emulators to run on the Xbox dev mode I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by spicfoo View Post

Because for some people are triggered and have a twitch everytime they hear the word Microsoft. They would prefer to ban the company if they could get away with it.
      Microsoft should not only be banned, but illegalized and most of their execs and others to be in jails. CEOs and others should be killed publicly and shown on TVs. A skyscraper prison with massive torture and 100% Linux usage on it would be perfect for them.

Sincerely, people are becoming more stupid. Nobody should trust Microsoft. Even Microsoft doesn't trust Microsoft!

Comment

Originally posted by spicfoo View Post

Lol. Interesting indeed.
        But at least they existed I suppose... Not just a fantasy

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

But at least they existed I suppose... Not just a fantasy
          Chugging copium I see. Don't clutch too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post

You must be confusing it with something else.
            He isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              Some years ago I was reading about MS killing off UWP. What happened to that?
              UWP has been phased out on desktop Windows.

Xbox is probably different enough if UWP still has a place there.

Comment

So the xbox supports OpenGL but not Vulkan... pretty insidious of MS don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  Some years ago I was reading about MS killing off UWP. What happened to that?
                  This situation is convoluted and it reflects on Microsoft's inability to properly execute anything.

This all started with WinRT. This seems to sit on top of Win32 at the kernel layer, but beside Win32 at the userspace layer. WinRT was later developed into UAP (Universal Application Platform) which had its name changed to UWP (Universal Windows Platform) just before launch. By the time Windows 10 Redstone came out in...2016...I think...there were desktops, tablets, phones, consoles, and TVs all running Windows 10, but just the UWP part. Only desktops and tablets could run traditional Win32 apps.

UWP was meant to be *the* development platform for Windows 10. Well, that has kind of fallen apart as Windows 10 Mobile has been discontinued as has the Surface Hub. HoloLense is around for now, I think, but it's future doesn't look that great, either. The only real development platforms for UWP still left are Windows 10/11 and Xbox.

In any event, a lot of the UWP tech is now a part of something called WinUI 3. As best I can tell, WinUI 3 sort of a combination of UWP with Win32. But I haven't dived into it enough to know exactly what's going on.

Moreover, I'm tired of these abject idiots not being able to settle on what it is they're doing. If WinUI 3 remains "the thing" for a few more years, I might be persuaded that Redmond has actually figured out what they want to do with themselves.
                  Last edited by wswartzendruber; 04 March 2024, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X