• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
    where do I even talk about DirectX ?
    right here

relying on a depreciated dying one makes sense…… (even if final perfs are similar)

That's not zink or vulkan, only leaves directx (which is, I agree, unlike vulkan or zink, very depreciated by everyone).

otherwise what were you talking about?
    Last edited by mSparks; 01 March 2024, 09:11 PM.

Comment

....OpenGL is a depreciated api standard, it was freaking obvious. the heck DirectX? we are talking about Linux here..
      It is even stated officially that OpenGL is not going to receive any further meaningful spec improvements because focus is onto Vulkan.

Also, you mix everything, Zink is an implementation of OpenGL and Vulkan is a specification... putting Zink and Vulkan as a comparison is mixing apples and oranges...

Do you even work in programming or at least open source computing to write such confused stuff ?

Comment

....OpenGL is a depreciated api standard, it was freaking obvious. the heck DirectX? we are talking about Linux here..
        It is even stated officially that OpenGL is not going to receive any further meaningful spec improvements because focus is onto Vulkan.

Also, you mix everything, Zink is an implementation of OpenGL and Vulkan is a specification... putting Zink and Vulkan as a comparison is mixing apples and oranges...

Do you even work in programming or at least open source computing to write such confused stuff ?
        Vulkan is a graphics API to the GPU architecture, and has a specification. OpenGL is a graphics API to the GPU architecture and has a specification.

I don't know what your confusion is?

Zink is one implementation of OpenGL.

Comment

you posted in a thread less than 48 hours old about new cross platform opengl support for windows linux mac android and ios dropping in the last few days expecting people to believe opengl is unsupported/depreciated.

And I'm the one on drugs for not?

good grief.
          Last edited by mSparks; 01 March 2024, 11:35 PM.

Comment

I am loosing my time with noobs here...

Comment

I am loosing my time with noobs here...
              not as much time as you will lose trying to run apple metal apps on linux, which you seem to think is the future. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCooper View Post

Vulkan isn't magic. It can't tell the compositor which parts of a surface the client actually modified, which is what this is about.
                Aren't there extensions for it?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

X11 openGL ones, yes.

Comment

I'm not very informed on this, but I think this kind of thing is taken care of by EGL (or GLX) for OpenGL, and WSI for Vulkan. It's more about integrating the windowing systems rather than the graphics API itself.

Comment

The article is about EGL functionality which is used by the application for communicating information about which parts of a surface it will modify / has modified to the EGL implementation. Mesa makes use of this information internally and passes it on to the display server via the Wayland/X protocol.

Which graphics API a Wayland compositor uses for its own drawing is irrelevant for this.

Comment

Working...
                      X