Microsoft Gets OpenGL 4.3 Implemented Atop Direct3D 12 With Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
    all share the same gallium interface. this makes it so they can all share code to support. Opencl (Clover, Rusticl) Directx 9 via wine (winenine/nine), OMX (omx though Im not sure how many drivers enable this outside of amd), Opengl, etc.

We have actually already had benefits from the d3d12 stuff, as we have gotten a nice performance bump in radeonsi's vaapi code. See here.
    Oh yes, Gallium is definitely amazing. I'm duly impressed with how Gallium not only allowed for good support on new devices, but with Crocus especially, support was added for very old hardware, truly allowing the devices to be used up to the limits of the hardware. My friend had a Sandy Bridge laptop, and I have an Ivy Bridge desktop (that has a GTX1650 in it now, but originally didn't...) and the support for even GPUs that old will now run up through some DX11 games (main limitation being ones that needing a higher shader model than the GPU supportst), where before in terms of wine/Proton gaming it was DX9-compliant at best and that support was pretty buggy.
    Last edited by hwertz; 11 November 2023, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
      If Microsoft could stop making their OS the ultimate spam factory it would really be worth using! I had to go back to windows 10 because all the adds were getting to much... and Windows 11 actually has some really nice window management features, but it was trashed by all the other spamming crap they jammed in.

Give me a reasonable product for a reasonable price and then stay out of my face. I will keep using it on those conditions!

As it stands Linux gives me a very reasonable product at NO PRICE! And it doesn't even spam me!
      just stop being poor and buy an enterprise volume license.

Comment

Working...
      X