Mesa 23.0 Graphics Drivers Aim For Release Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

wrong, Mr. Eckstrand pondered the possibility that in 5-10 years, it might be possible that the only gallium backends they might be maintaining only zink and d3d12 backends, like I said, its not likely, I can't remeber the exact words he used, but it wa something along the lines of him not being knowing if the other backends would still be maintained then.
    I'd be interested in the exact quote if you can find the link. I will point out that wild speculation is different than hinting, which i take as something likely to happen and not just a 1 in a million chance. Jason also doesn't speak for any hardware manufacturer anymore, since he's moved to Collabora. They do work on Zink, though, so it makes sense he'd be more in tune with that project than, say, a radeonsi developer.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

I'd be interested in the exact quote if you can find the link. I will point out that wild speculation is different than hinting, which i take as something likely to happen and not just a 1 in a million chance. Jason also doesn't speak for any hardware manufacturer anymore, since he's moved to Collabora. They do work on Zink, though, so it makes sense he'd be more in tune with that project than, say, a radeonsi developer.
      read this thread
      This driver might come as a surprise, 21 years after the last 3DFX card released, but it makes it possible to run programs targeting this family of GPUs...

and as I said,
      it's not for sure, it's not even likely, but it is a possibility.

Comment

Working...
      X