Mesa 22.3.3 Brings More Intel & Radeon Driver Fixes, KDE Plasma Hang Workaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

I have to use it to manage Flatpaks and do file management on my Steam Deck, its pure torture. It SUCKS. I seriously wonder if KDE is some cruel joke at this point. Especially KDE Discovery seems to be a very cruel joke.
    I do not use discover and flatpaks so I can't say much about that other than that I don't really care about them but file management of all things is a torture? Really? Dolphin is pretty much the best file manager I've used.

Comment

Originally posted by osw89 View Post

I do not use discover and flatpaks so I can't say much about that other than that I don't really care about them but file management of all things is a torture? Really? Dolphin is pretty much the best file manager I've used.
      So flatpak's is a general Linux technology, nothing specific to KDE (flatpak's is just a way to distribute sandbox'ed applications without having to deal with Linux dynamic dependency hell that standard package managers have to deal with), see https://flatpak.org/.

Discover is just a basic GUI ontop of flatpak, its quite basic but it gets the job done. I use it all the time, including on a Steam deck which I own to install applications such as emulators. I don't see what the problem here is. Main thing is that you are not forced to use discover, I mean you can do all flatpak stuff on cli if you want.

And regarding file management, this is what I meant when I said earlier he cannot deal with anything thats not Gnome. Dolphin is a pretty standard file management application, if you have issues using it you should probably be one of those boomers thats in an Apple Genius bar because they don't know how to open settings on their iPhone.

Comment

Maybe it's not popular opinion - I like both, Phoronix news about KDE and KDE project overall

PS
        Discover needs some real polish and KDE plugins/themes etc downloaders/choosers complete rework.

Comment

Working...
        X