Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa Driver Improvement Will Yield Quicker Startup For Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post

The port is great, running great on Arch at least, and has better performance than on Windows... Maybe the port is not the problem.
    Same here of OpenMandriva with last stable mesa. CS:GO works fine and from my internat testing even a bit better than on Windows 10 from my separate partition.

Comment

Even with NVIDIA it takes a long time to start up, but it does go faster once it's started that first time after a reboot or update.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
        Good find Michael!

One thing though: it had taken 150 seconds for CSGO to start up? Gosh that is over two minutes.
        It depends on the machine, it never took that long for me but but YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghjnut View Post
          I'm in the same boat. I'm running PopOS + Wayland w/ Nvidia and getting it to start up is a crap-shoot (If i recall, it was the same with Ubuntu 20.04 + X11). It also frequently gives me a `csgo_linux.sh is not responding`. Runs like a dream once I'm in, but it can be an uphill battle.
          Interesting. Adding my two cents as an AMD user the whole time CS:GO has been on Linux: it has started up reliably and worked every single time I have opened it. Every time I've opened it I've been using Arch Linux.

Comment

I hope we can see some major improvements to Ray Tracing with RADV soon. It's going to be sad when RDNA3 launches and the RT under Linux RADV/Mesa is still in shoddy state (not on par with Windows).

I know most people don't care about Ray or Path tracing but it has decent support in quite a few games now and can be fun to enable. Unfortunately I've never used it due to the issues under Linux but I've seen the results from NVIDIA RTX cards and they look great, ads to atmosphere in games like Cyberpunk etc..

Comment

Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
              The reason why NVidia is seen to have such stable drivers (i.e. GeForce experience) is their
              amount of money spent on fooling you

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                amount of money spent on fooling you
                I don't know what you are trying to say so maybe you should spend money on learning English better.

Comment

Working...
                X