Zink OpenGL-On-Vulkan Benchmarks Are Very Competitive To Radeon OpenGL Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
    As soon as compositors work on Zink (gamescope, kwin, ...) I would definitly prefer it over radeonsi. Getting 90% of the performance of radeonsi is good enough for me when considering that it works on Vulkan. DXVK is the perfect example why I would choose Zink on the long therm.
    I see using Zink for compositors as a benefit with Nvidia, simply because of all the known issues of Nvidia proprietary drivers working with different compositors, both on X and Wayland. So it's logical to assume that a Mesa implementation will mitigate those issues on Nvidia. However, I don't see what benefit Would Zink give over RadeonSi for compositors. Aren't all modern Mesa OpenGL drivers (including Zink) sharing pretty much the same OpenGL implementation via Gallium3d?
    Last edited by user1; 23 August 2022, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Standard 120 Fps tests please?

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
        Getting 90% of the performance of radeonsi is good enough for me when considering that it works on Vulkan. DXVK is the perfect example why I would choose Zink on the long therm.
        Just curious, why do you view working on top of Vulkan better than working on top of the native hardware directly?

DXVK is replacing OpenGL with Vulkan, but Zink is still plain old OpenGL just with an extra layer, so that's not really a good comparison.

Comment

Working...
        X