Adreno 619 Support Added To Mesa - Enables Fairphone 4 GPU Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

Does teracube or fair-phone have the google play store to install apps?
    I haven't looked deeply into the Teracube yet, but the Fairphone, when ordered from fairphone.com, comes with "regular" Android, including the Google Play Store and services. But alternatively, it can also be purchased "de-Googled", with /e/OS, at Murena.com: https://murena.com/shop/smartphones/...airphone-4-eu/

Comment

I use /e/ OS daily on my Fairphone 2 for a year and it is awesome. The last version is allowing you to install any app from the Play Store without a google account and is even blocking the trackers in them. It's an awesome OS, much better now that one year ago. Go use it!

Comment

Originally posted by SteamPunker View Post
        I haven't looked deeply into the Teracube yet, but the Fairphone, when ordered from fairphone.com, comes with "regular" Android, including the Google Play Store and services. But alternatively, it can also be purchased "de-Googled", with /e/OS, at Murena.com: https://murena.com/shop/smartphones/...airphone-4-eu/
        thanks,
        I don´t know how the market is now, but can we, with those alternative Oses, have GPS, good camera, Bluetooth, sensors and so on??
        Because the Idea I have is that those alternative OSes gives you only basic functions, and the must have functions, Bluetooth, GPS, AGPS, gyroscope, accelerometer, NFC, FM Radio, etc are not supported..

This is the impression I have, but probably is still valid today..which is very sad, since we pay a lot of money for a smartphone, its supposed to have all the functionality on it..
        Can you expand a bit on the support eOS have for example on Fairphone4, or Teracube ?

I hope one day we can have a FOSS OS, that respects our freedoms, and doesn't steal our data, and supports all the functionalities of the phone..

Comment

Originally posted by Flaburgan View Post
          I use /e/ OS daily on my Fairphone 2 for a year and it is awesome. The last version is allowing you to install any app from the Play Store without a google account and is even blocking the trackers in them. It's an awesome OS, much better now that one year ago. Go use it!
          Does you have support for everything?
          Like FM Radio,NFC,Bluetooth, good camera, etc?

Comment

Does you have support for everything?
            Like FM Radio,NFC,Bluetooth, good camera, etc?
            Bluetooth and Camera are working fine, I don't use FM Radio or NFC but I see no reason why they wouldn't work. /e/OS is based on LineageOS so they have a very recent code base, last Android fixes are only a few weeks old.

Comment

thanks,
              I don´t know how the market is now, but can we, with those alternative Oses, have GPS, good camera, Bluetooth, sensors and so on??
              Because the Idea I have is that those alternative OSes gives you only basic functions, and the must have functions, Bluetooth, GPS, AGPS, gyroscope, accelerometer, NFC, FM Radio, etc are not supported..
              This is very true for OSes like Ubuntu Touch, if you use the Vanilla Linux on it like PostmarketOS does it is hard to have good hardware support. If you use Android drivers with libhybris or Halium then you will have better support but this mainly has to be dealt with for each device by each porters, so the support may vary a lot between devices.

For /e/ OS the story is completely different: it IS Android. So it's using the Android drivers, and that's it. So you do have full hardware support.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaburgan View Post

This is very true for OSes like Ubuntu Touch, if you use the Vanilla Linux on it like PostmarketOS does it is hard to have good hardware support. If you use Android drivers with libhybris or Halium then you will have better support but this mainly has to be dealt with for each device by each porters, so the support may vary a lot between devices.

For /e/ OS the story is completely different: it IS Android. So it's using the Android drivers, and that's it. So you do have full hardware support.
                well, as full support as you would have on another custom rom

Comment

Working...
                X