X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by loganj View Post
    nice to go for the easy way instead of going directly vulkan. no wonder there are so few games using vulkan.
    i guess that a few frames less and probably some artifacts on the screen will not be a problem.
    I wouldn't consider porting a driver to windows to be the "easy" way when they already have vulkan plumbing or would you rather they just break all the plugins, just tell everyone useing them to go screw a cow or use opengl. Im not too familiar with driver or windows development, but I would be extremely hesitant in ever saying that porting the first mesa driver to windows is the "easy" way.

Leave a comment:

• loganj
    replied
    nice to go for the easy way instead of going directly vulkan. no wonder there are so few games using vulkan.
    i guess that a few frames less and probably some artifacts on the screen will not be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• intelfx
    replied
    Originally posted by elbar View Post
    And what about hw drivers for avionic devices?
    How does this relate to the article?

Leave a comment:

• elbar
    replied
    And what about hw drivers for avionic devices?

Leave a comment:

• Zink OpenGL-On-Vulkan Making Progress On Windows, X-Plane Looking To Use It

Phoronix: Zink OpenGL-On-Vulkan Making Progress On Windows, X-Plane Looking To Use It

There is some exciting progress around Zink as the OpenGL 4.6 implementation built atop Vulkan APIs for generally quite performant OpenGL-on-Vulkan acceleration... Zink with the recently-merged Kopper code is even beginning to work on Windows and Laminar Research is hoping to use Zink for the next major X-Plane release!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X