NIR Continues Successfully Serving The Needs Of Mesa, Better Suited Than LLVM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

ACO developers said in the past it was the eventual plan, but I haven't seen any recent updates on this.
    Valve developers are fully focused on getting the Steam Deck out right now, and I think OpenGL isn't very high on their list of priorities. Most games now are either native Vulkan or running off DXVK, and for older GL native games they mostly already work fine. I suspect RadeonSI ACO support is one of those things that's going to happen in the background for a couple years before it's done, and will be mostly done to reduce maintenance work more than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Valve developers are fully focused on getting the Steam Deck out right now, and I think OpenGL isn't very high on their list of priorities. Most games now are either native Vulkan or running off DXVK, and for older GL native games they mostly already work fine. I suspect RadeonSI ACO support is one of those things that's going to happen in the background for a couple years before it's done, and will be mostly done to reduce maintenance work more than anything else.
      Valve also sponsor zink, so possibly that will be their preferred OpenGL path that will go through ACO anyway.

Comment

Found an interesting discussion to understand the ROCm interop topic here https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...ay/thread.html
        with the CRIU thread.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          Valve also sponsor zink, so possibly that will be their preferred OpenGL path that will go through ACO anyway.
          possibly they sponsor zink for novideo which can't use aco

Comment

Working...
          X