Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open-Source Qualcomm "Turnip" Driver Achieves Vulkan 1.1 Conformance, Fixes For DXVK Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Source Qualcomm "Turnip" Driver Achieves Vulkan 1.1 Conformance, Fixes For DXVK Use

Phoronix: Open-Source Qualcomm "Turnip" Driver Achieves Vulkan 1.1 Conformance, Fixes For DXVK Use

TURNIP as the open-source Mesa Vulkan driver for Qualcomm Adreno graphics hit a new official milestone this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any idea how they were running the games on ARM?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      You could run games via either Box86 or FEX. However to test games running through DXVK - I used only their traces, the method is described at https://blogs.igalia.com/dpiliaiev/g...t-mobile-gpus/

Comment

Box86/Box64 I guess (???)

Powerful ARM Linux laptops when?😁

Comment

He ran game traces to catch driver bugs, not actual games.

Comment

Originally posted by bple2137 View Post

Box86/Box64 I guess (???)

Powerful ARM Linux laptops when?😁
            He used game traces but you can already use chroot env on rooted android and use native gpu drivers + box86 to run games using dxvk to a suprisingly high degree of preformance.

not that I do since I have no root. but still.

or you can install hallium on some devices, which means native linux on the devices

Comment

Originally posted by Baelcesleth View Post
              You could run games via either Box86 or FEX. However to test games running through DXVK - I used only their traces, the method is described at https://blogs.igalia.com/dpiliaiev/g...t-mobile-gpus/

There is also the hangover project that alters the way wine is done. That does result in majority of DXVK code being able to be run as host without emulation over it.

Comment

Working...
              X