X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meh....I will praise it once its "over 9000"

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
      Having experience programming both OpenGL and Vulkan I bow deeply and tip my hat to Blumenkrantz and other Zink contributors. This work involves translation between two very different paradigms. The fact that it even works is impressive. The fact that at this early stage of development it can run some games at decent speeds is awe-inspiring. In the future Zink will be immensely useful for preserving older software. Awesome show, great job!
      Yes, I agree. This is great work and also really great for future driver development also that won't need to implement OpenGL.
      So overall, its just great.

Comment

Where do babies come from?

Comment

On a serious note, this is great progress. Rather than the random off-topic questions, I was expecting this thread to be more filled with "hurr durr glxgears isn't a benchmark!" while totally missing the point that if you can't run glxgears quickly, there's an underlying issue. Clearly, that issue has been overcome, and Zink is refining at a remarkable pace.
          Zink is a great solution for platforms that might only have Vulkan or GLES, where every little bit of overhead makes a big difference. So, getting glxgears to run smoothly is a big deal as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
            loligans intelfx that was helpful, thx. And yeah, the KEY=VALUE pairs is what I ultimately want.

edit: ~/.pam_environment worked a charm. Thanks again.
            You can also use the result of XDG_SESSION_TYPE (returns wayland or x11) in an if/then script so you can set Wayland and Xorg variables accordingly.

Comment

Benchmark glxgears with native drivers vs Zink? 😁

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
                Seeing this is a support thread now so:
                Heh, this is an interesting observation. So this is what happens when a Phoronix thread has zero conflict between any of the members. It seems we all agree that Zink is doing great things

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                  Heh, this is an interesting observation. So this is what happens when a Phoronix thread has zero conflict between any of the members. It seems we all agree that Zink is doing great things
                  I was wondering the same, but we haven't seen birdie yet

Comment

If I never went on the defensive/offensive against the trolls, the forum wouldn't be ripe and open for support questions.

You're welcome. I'll go off-topic anytime I please. There will be a new Phoronix thread in the next few minutes. Get a hobby, or life, if you're worried about "off-topic"

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                      Benchmark glxgears with native drivers vs Zink? 😁
                      Nope, because glxgears is not a benchmark...!

Getting back on the topic of the thread: how can I open the window while I'm holding an umbrella with one hand and an icecream with the other??

Comment

Working...
                      X