Mesa 21.2 Released With New Intel Crocus Driver, PanVK, Early M1 Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ValdikSS View Post

https://github.com/iXit/wine-nine-standalone, available via winetricks.

Tested Crocus on Sandy Bridge HD 3000 with gallium-nine.
    NFS Underground and Underground 2 shows about 30-40% more performance and less CPU load.
    GTA San Andread, on the contrary, have "black" people models (no textures) and lead up to unrecoverable GPU hang.

Sadly, Intel bugtracker usually does not receive any reply on bugs for such and old platform.
    By Intel bugtracker you mean Mesa bug tracker?

If answer is yes; that is not specific to old platforms fwiw and Crocus ones are the ones that actually gets replies/attention compared to ANV ones. Crocus related issues gets attention from Dave Airlie, which he is the co author of that Crocus bring up iirc.

So just post your bug there.

ANV situation might be the one that confuses you. Usually game related ANV tickets are the ones that doesn't get replies/attention etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
      By Intel bugtracker you mean Mesa bug tracker?
      I mean Intel bug tracker, since the GPU hangs are kernel fault.

Comment

Originally posted by ValdikSS View Post

I mean Intel bug tracker, since the GPU hangs are kernel fault.
        Are you sure that's a kernel bug? Mesa can very easily cause GPU hangs by sending invalid programs to the GPU. In that case all the kernel is doing is submitting the program that mesa created to the GPU. If it works with i965 but not with crocus then it's almost certainly a crocus bug. Test it with i965, if it works correctly with i965 file a bug in the mesa bug tracker.

Comment

Originally posted by dcbaker View Post
          Test it with i965, if it works correctly with i965 file a bug in the mesa bug tracker.
          I can't since i965 is not a gallium driver. Gallium-nine supports only gallium drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
            Azpegath Not seeing such bug with my Fury. Must be specific to the R290 or something else in your setup. You should probably file a bug report.
            Michael has a 290. If he can reproduce it with the same distro/setup then bug report is guaranteed...

Comment

ValdikSS There was a weird bug present in Gallium (not Gallium Nine) since Mesa 21.2 which caused a problem in conjunction with the conversation of texture formats: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/5201

This was fixed in Mesa 21.3 devel build c0fc745 so my problems are gone. Maybe this is true also for your "GTA San Andreas" game issue.

Comment

Working...
              X