No announcement yet.

Gallium Nine Lands Big Optimization Around Dynamic System Memory Buffers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since WINE 6.1 (or something) standard usage of ninewinecfg.exe was not possible due to the bug in WINE, 6.4 probably fixed that (did not test it).

There's a bug with scaling with gallium nine for well over the year now..., also, textures quality is messed up for at least 6 months (probably more), basically everything is blurry and very low textures quality.

I think those things are far more urgent to solve.

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post

Well since no one wants to do some, here are my few tests on my rx480:

3DMark03: 88377 (dxvk) / 95451 (nine)
      Unigine heaven:
      DXVK (small artifact in scene 18 and 19) -> min fps 15.2, max fps 198.2, fps 96.7 score 2436
      Nine -> min fps 31.5, max fps 209.5, fps 106.3, Score 2677

hl2 lost coast with fps_max at 999 (somehow it used to work before... now it replays very fast... but well) 264 fps (dxvk) vs 287 fps (nine)

FEAR (loading my save, GPU usage is at 100%): 338 fps (dxvk) / 333 fps (nine).

I'd say with both you are in good hands. Maybe nine plays a slightly bit better in CPU limited scenarios. BTW this was with a build with debug info for nine and not for dxvk, so nine was penalized there.
      Those scenarios you've tested are not that realistic, the best way to test the difference is by loading CPU limited complex geometry games, such as TMNF and PF tracks (tracks with lot's of blocks used), potentially going insane with TM unlimiter to get 128³ or even 256³, something like this:

I found the difference here was huge in the past, didn't test recently to be fair.
      Last edited by leipero; 15 March 2021, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post
        Since WINE 6.1 (or something) standard usage of ninewinecfg.exe was not possible due to the bug in WINE, 6.4 probably fixed that (did not test it).

There's a bug with scaling with gallium nine for well over the year now..., also, textures quality is messed up for at least 6 months (probably more), basically everything is blurry and very low textures quality.

I think those things are far more urgent to solve.
        Gallium nine code hasn't changed much over the last two years, so that texture quality regression seems likely to be a regression outside nine. Have you filled a bug report ? Is it one game only ? Haven't noticed that here.
        Last edited by mannerov; 16 March 2021, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post

Gallium nine code hasn't changed much over the last two years, so that texture quality regression seems likely to be a regression outside nine. Have you filled a bug report ? Is it one game only ? Haven't noticed that here.
          I just confirmed the issue with scaling back in 2019 (in already existing bug report, still open), and It's possible that issue with textures started at that time as well (progresively got worse), could be very related. It's in multiple games (using same/similar engine tho.), but I didn't test it extensively.

Comment

Can you use DXVK and Gallium Nine in the same wine prefix?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
              Can you use DXVK and Gallium Nine in the same wine prefix?
              I suggest you to install a different wine prefix for each application/game, it's simpler to manage and cleaner, you just need to set WINEPREFIX to the right value:
              Code:
              WINEPREFIX=$HOME/wine-game1 wine game1.exe

Comment

Working...
              X