Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by polarathene View Post
    ... N2 ... slow down I/O ...
    That was the workaround from Jun 11 until Sep 03 when the issue was finally reproduced and fixed. (in 2019)
    Last edited by elatllat; 22 September 2020, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Do you know if it would be able to handle KDE Plasma alright? Similar to a Chromebook? Or is it mostly only suited for headless use and media playback?
      My use-case and testing stops with Kodi which runs without all the desktop/Xorg stuff, so I have no experience with that, sorry. I'd recommend either having a go (as lots of others do test stuff, and it probably does work) or ping the developers in the #panfrost channel on freenode.

Comment

Originally posted by elatllat View Post
        That was the workaround from Jun 11 until Sep 03 when the issue was finally reproduced and fixed.
        Awesome! I guess it's time to finally order an N2 then, thanks!

Comment

Afaik, there are no support, at least yet, for platform 'g12b'( S922x, A311D ) nor 'sm1'( S905X3 ) in ARM Trusted Firmware:
          https://github.com/ARM-software/arm-...r/plat/amlogic

For S905X3, people are saying, in the forums, that it will work with ARMTrusted Firmware platform 'g12a', for others don't know.
          Also,
          reboot is not possible on S905X3 with mainline uboot+ATF( because the code for the cortex-m3 PMU is not in ARM Trusted Firmware.. ), for S922X or the A311D, I also don't know, since the platform is missing in ATF, probably its also not possible to reboot..
          Last edited by tuxd3v; 22 September 2020, 10:31 PM.

Comment

How are the drives connected? When I looked into it there wasn't a way to do so via SATA, and besides the USB controller chipset issues on the N2 around release (which persisted for at least a few months I think when I was following that), there was also the issue of USB-SATA bridges being a bit of a minefield especially when powered from a low powered SBC, what did you end up using?

You've not had any notable issues at all?
            Well, it was a noname usb enclosure powered by the SBC and it gave absolutely zero issue, the N2 power supply is already 12V barrel plug so it might be more robust than cheap 5V ones. Since a few weeks it's connected to a 4 bay self-powered enclosure, waiting for a migration to BTRFS, mainly for data scrubbing as the whole thing is missing ECC and runs on USB, you never know... I guess that the main point is to have a reliable backup history after all.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix
              Given the news last week that Arm is now backing the Panfrost open-source driver effort, it is worth noting an Arm engineer reviewed these GPU integration quirk patches.
              Not news - Steven Price has been involved for over a year now.

Comment

Working...
              X