Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panfrost Gallium3D Driver Adds Midgard Multi-Sampling Support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Panfrost Gallium3D Driver Adds Midgard Multi-Sampling Support

    Phoronix: Panfrost Gallium3D Driver Adds Midgard Multi-Sampling Support

    The Panfrost Gallium3D driver providing open-source OpenGL support for Arm Mali graphics hardware now has working multi-sample anti-aliasing (MSAA) for Arm Midgard hardware...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...st-Adding-MSAA

  • #2
    mali drivers are the only ones missing from mesamatrix. are they in such a bad shape?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      mali drivers are the only ones missing from mesamatrix. are they in such a bad shape?
      I might be wrong, but Lima is only up to OpenGL ES 2.0 because that's all the hardware supports, and mesamatrix only includes from OpenGL ES 3.1 upwards. Panfrost will eventually reach OpenGL ES 3.0 and beyond but it's only reaching OpenGL ES 3.0 at the minute.

      Comment


      • #4
        This driver is only going from strength to strength

        Comment


        • #5
          Too bad they didn't decide on supporting the XU3/XU4 though..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MastaG View Post
            Too bad they didn't decide on supporting the XU3/XU4 though..
            afaik, XU4 is Midgard T628, so its included
            Last edited by tuxd3v; 07-09-2020, 11:11 AM. Reason: correct name..

            Comment


            • #7
              The T628 in the XU3/XU4 is first generation Mali silicon with unknown "errata" (bugs/quirks in ARM-speak) that aren't gracefully handled in the current driver. As a result it can run if you patch the GPU identifiers into the right places, but it tends to behave badly (which is why the identifiers aren't default added). It's not impossible for the current situation to improve, but as T628 is a relatively niche variant it's not high on the priority list among the core devs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by chewitt View Post
                The T628 in the XU3/XU4 is first generation Mali silicon with unknown "errata" (bugs/quirks in ARM-speak) that aren't gracefully handled in the current driver. As a result it can run if you patch the GPU identifiers into the right places, but it tends to behave badly (which is why the identifiers aren't default added). It's not impossible for the current situation to improve, but as T628 is a relatively niche variant it's not high on the priority list among the core devs.
                So MastaG was right after all
                I believe T628 is 2nd Generation, but I didn't knew about that problem, that graphics card is present in several processors, it would be nice to have it supported..

                Comment

                Working...
                X