Mesa 19.3.5 Released To End Out The Series, Time To Move To Mesa 20.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 19.3.5 Released To End Out The Series, Time To Move To Mesa 20.0

Phoronix: Mesa 19.3.5 Released To End Out The Series, Time To Move To Mesa 20.0

Mesa 19.3.5 was released today for ending out the Mesa 19.3 series as the Q4'2019 OpenGL/Vulkan driver release stream...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I will not move away from Mesa 19.0....

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      why not? them gains

Comment

Please never make an issue on any graphics related project ever again.

Comment

Waiting on Fedora right now. Hopefully the last remaining problem I have will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk View Post

why not? them gains
            Because of a bug in where encoding with VA-API under AMD may hang the card. This bug has been present since Mesa 19.1 and not even 19.3.3 (which claimed fixing the bug) fixes it.

You know, I do not tolerate hangs.

Originally posted by JoshuaAshton View Post

Please never make an issue on any graphics related project ever again.
            Come on, it does not mean I won't.
            ​​​​​​​I will at some point. I just don't have the time to be tinkering with the driver at the moment.

Comment

Come on, it does not mean I won't.
              From what I recall, the reason JoshuaAshton said that is because you've made a complaint about Mesa before, where you were mismatching old and new packages. You aren't really right to complain if you're using the wrong kernel version, wrong firmware, wrong drivers, etc. So that 19.3.3 bug you claim isn't fixed very well could be fixed, if you're using the correct versions of everything else. So: reporting issues on something where you're not using the expected environment is counter-productive.

If you feel the need to be tinkering with stuff, that could also very well be your problem. In my experience, overriding kernel flags or driconf settings almost always causes more problems than it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                From what I recall, the reason JoshuaAshton said that is because you've made a complaint about Mesa before, where you were mismatching old and new packages. You aren't really right to complain if you're using the wrong kernel version, wrong firmware, wrong drivers, etc. So that 19.3.3 bug you claim isn't fixed very well could be fixed, if you're using the correct versions of everything else. So: reporting issues on something where you're not using the expected environment is counter-productive.

If you feel the need to be tinkering with stuff, that could also very well be your problem. In my experience, overriding kernel flags or driconf settings almost always causes more problems than it helps.
                Note! I actually have updated all my packages prior to installing Mesa 19.3.3 (and then later I also upgraded the kernel to 5.4). So don't think I didn't.

Comment

Working...
                X