Broadcom's V3D Gallium3D Driver Nears Working Compute Shader Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadcom's V3D Gallium3D Driver Nears Working Compute Shader Support

Phoronix: Broadcom's V3D Gallium3D Driver Nears Working Compute Shader Support

Broadcom's next-gen "V3D" driver (formerly known as VC5) being used by some newer Broadcom hardware but more coming down the pipeline in the future has nearly working compute shader support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Eric Anholt is amazing. Hope to have a FOSS Pi soon without the dreaded firmware for GPU.
    Last edited by LoveRPi; 13 April 2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I won't buy any more boards without UEFI, I have too many sitting in my closets because of the lack of standardized booting and separation of concerns.

I also strongly dislike Pi actvists, and the unstated interests that the PI organization is serving. I'd pay more than cost for a chip, that isn't the newest, if it was fixing the ecosystem for the users. I won't do that for the interests of giant industry players, helping to keep the costs of general computing higher than it would otherwise be for everyone.

The fact that somone has released proper UEFI/ACPI 64-bit firmware for the pi, and the foundation would rather pay for custom distro maintenance.... proves without any doubt, it was an intended choice. O, but it's for the students? What a load.
      Last edited by techzilla; 22 April 2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by techzilla View Post
        The fact that somone has released proper UEFI/ACPI 64-bit firmware for the pi, and the foundation would rather pay for custom distro maintenance.... proves without any doubt, it was an intended choice. O, but it's for the students? What a load.
        Only non-enterprise ARM one that boots UEFI: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...n-source-fries
        Last edited by LoveRPi; 22 April 2019, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveRPi View Post

Only non-enterprise ARM one that boots UEFI: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...n-source-fries
          Or my Windows on snapdragon device, yea I was serious.

Comment

Working...
          X