A Bunch Of New Code Merged Into Mesa 19.1: Intel ANV, Iris, Softpipe, Virgl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bunch Of New Code Merged Into Mesa 19.1: Intel ANV, Iris, Softpipe, Virgl

Phoronix: A Bunch Of New Code Merged Into Mesa 19.1: Intel ANV, Iris, Softpipe, Virgl

Mesa developers have been off to a busy start this week with a lot of new code merged affecting multiple drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still no OpenGL 4.6 support. 😢

Comment

Have we seen graphics benchmarks of the software rasterizers using some of those multi-socket Xeon and Epyc servers? I'm still a bit curious to see if games can actually become playable if given enough CPU cores.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        Still no RADV freesync support, a fully working patch exists but gaming people are forced to compile it.
        I'm in a similar situation with the iris driver, I want to try it out with Dolphin (emulator) and some Steam Play/Proton/Windows games, but the community repository I'm using, which is based off git master, doesn't have it for some reason. Maybe iris requires a new kernel feature to work, so compiling of it was turned off for openSUSE 15.0?!

Comment

Debianxfce, shut the fuck up. Submit patches or fuck off you idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
            [...]you can use Debian testing Xfce or ubuntu cosmic.
            I'd rather figure out why khnazile's repo doesn't have it and/or see how difficult compiling it myself is than have to reboot and manage two installations for such a minor thing.
            Who knows, maybe I'll even contribute if I can manage to compile it, use it, find my way through the code, understand C/C++... oh jeez, well my minimal experience with Rust might help

Comment

Originally posted by chinoto View Post
              Maybe iris requires a new kernel feature to work, so compiling of it was turned off for openSUSE 15.0?!
              Yes, Iris requires Linux 4.16:
              I believe it's finally time to merge my out-of-tree Iris driver into master. While it's not finished, we're up to nearly 800 patches, and so maintaining it out-of-tree...

Leap 15.0 is at 4.12.

Comment

Working...
              X