No announcement yet.

OpenGL Compatibility Profile Updates Land In Mesa 18.2-dev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because is a windows game, so they can do whatever they want on that platform... Also about the "No modern game should ever do it", windows coders have the freedom to do all sort of crazy things to make sure the game runs on all possible hardware configurations. After all, video card driver coders can't afford to allow one game or one application to not run on their hardware when the competition can run it flawlessly. Using compatibility profiles is just a minor nuisance compared with things game coders tend do in their games.

Comment

Just tested No Mans Sky with latest mesa-git and different overwrites.
      At least we now can get som "trippy" experience

Comment

Whoever wrote "minority of games/applications relying upon the compatibility context" does not feel my pain. Doom 2016 won't work because of this reason, let alone CEMU and some Steam Linux games.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
          Whoever wrote "minority of games/applications relying upon the compatibility context" does not feel my pain. Doom 2016 won't work because of this reason, let alone CEMU and some Steam Linux games.
          Well atleast with Doom we can use Vulkan! Works really well too.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
            No modern game should ever do it.
            some games are written by monkeys copy-pasting code samples from internet

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
              Doom 2016 won't work
              it is not linux game anyway

Comment

Originally posted by skyrrd View Post
                Just tested No Mans Sky with latest mesa-git and different overwrites.
                At least we now can get som "trippy" experience
                That's what it used to look like, if you're using overrides.

Comment

I think they're running an old version of NMS, because overrides or not, this is what the game currently looks like on the AMDGPU driver - https://i.imgur.com/tkG5Vaa.jpg (because the game needs 4.5COMPAT and Mesa doesn't provide that).

Comment

Originally posted by Enverex View Post
                    I think they're running an old version of NMS, because overrides or not, this is what the game currently looks like on the AMDGPU driver - https://i.imgur.com/tkG5Vaa.jpg (because the game needs 4.5COMPAT and Mesa doesn't provide that).
                    Do you mean RadeonSI? Mesa doesn't have AMDGPU, that's in the kernel.

Comment

Apparently yes. I forgot that they didn't have the same name. Actual renderer string is...

OpenGL renderer string: Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.25.0, 4.17.11-arch1, LLVM 7.0.0)
                      OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.3.0-devel (git-2d4d139877)
                      Last edited by Enverex; 03 August 2018, 06:55 AM. Reason: Add missing line

Comment

Working...
                      X