Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced DRI Configurator Now Supports PRIME GPU Setups

Phoronix: Advanced DRI Configurator Now Supports PRIME GPU Setups

As a more modern and feature alternative to the DriConf configuration program for tweaking Mesa driver settings, a few months back we featured ADRICONF as the Advanced DRI Configuration. Recently this GUI program has picked up a few more features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wasn't aware of this program! Lovely! I wonder why it doesn't come by default in distros.

Comment

If there is no deb package it's mean most people who could test it will just walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
        If there is no deb package it's mean most people who could test it will just walk away.
        Nah, people living on the edge will know how to git clone and compile a binary. This is a self-sufficient tool, not a kernel patch.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          Nah, people living on the edge will know how to git clone and compile a binary. This is a self-sufficient tool, not a kernel patch.
          OR
          you can be a civil person and use AUR:

Comment

I wonder if this could be used to control the PRIME for only the games launched and not the launcher itself on Wine. Like WoW and Battle.net or a steam game on Steam under wine

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post

OR
              you can be a civil person and use AUR:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/adriconf-git/
              You mean use Arch Linux. The original discussion was about deb packages which are used on Debian and Ubuntu distributions that don't use AUR.

I agree that AUR is a very nice system for this kind of things. Someone could probably contribute to the project with packaging instructions for deb (debian directory and all the files) and RPM (the spec file) packages.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                You mean "if there is no Snap, Flatpak or AppImage", right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
                  I wonder why it doesn't come by default in distros.
                  i wonder why didn't you read article, which says
                  Hertel has now put out an alpha release of the program

Comment

Working...
                  X