Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Low-End NVIDIA Card Has The Potential To Perform Competitively Using Nouveau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    That said, it's great that this card seems to work fairly well. That's an accomplishment in it's own right given the lack of documentation/help available from nvidia.
    Exactly, Nvidia did NOT deserve the support they got by the reverse engineering effort for 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

I know few care about 3D framerates on this kind of card
      Unfortunately there's still a lot of people who think that VRAM is what makes a video card good. They buy a low-end card with 4 gigs or RAM and expect good 3D performance.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Unfortunately there's still a lot of people who think that VRAM is what makes a video card good. They buy a low-end card with 4 gigs or RAM and expect good 3D performance.
        Factors like bus width and core/memory speed come into play as well. A card with a 64 bit wide memory bus will have less performance than a 128- or 256-bit bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
          Now we need competitive drivers for a competitive card ... *running away*
          On my workstation. I just need it to be fast enough to run desktop effects. And not being a gaming PC it doesn't have a high end card anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X