Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• werfu
    replied
    Btw Smekras, have you been able to test DRI3 Buffer Offloading on your dual-gpu card? Does it work?

Leave a comment:

• okias
    replied
    Originally posted by imirkin View Post
    Might want to check it with a clean mesa build rather than with the gallium-nine patches on top (which also modify drivers). I haven't heard of any such issues until now.
    since now, only reported issue is with patch "gallium/nv50/nvc0: use API settings / rasterization rules". These issues is only some wrong colors in OGL mode https://github.com/iXit/Mesa-3D/issues/4 .

Leave a comment:

• smekras
    replied
    nouveau driver and 3.17

currently using Fedora Rawhide, which means kernel 3.17 and mesa 10.4, and i did not have such problems. gnome 3.13.90 runs smoother than ever and nouveau quite decent when it comes to 3d stuff as well.

my only "issue" with the driver at its current state, is the lack of reclocking for core and memory, as i am stuck on the "medium" setting, instead of being able to switch to "high" when needed

just for the record, i have a nehalem i7 920 and a GTX295

Leave a comment:

• imirkin
    replied
    Might want to check it with a clean mesa build rather than with the gallium-nine patches on top (which also modify drivers). I haven't heard of any such issues until now.

Leave a comment:

• Nouveau Turns Into A Mess In Latest Linux 3.17 + Mesa 10.3-dev Tests

Phoronix: Nouveau Turns Into A Mess In Latest Linux 3.17 + Mesa 10.3-dev Tests

This week I've been running a large open-source graphics card comparison using Mesa 10.3-devel and Linux 3.17 from Git. While the intentions were nice with featuring Intel/NVIDIA/AMD graphics, running several benchmarks of Steam / Source Engine games on Linux, and also measuring the power efficiency and thermal performance, the testing was cut short when it came to the Nouveau driver testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X