No announcement yet.

Valve's Gabe Newell Talks Linux Steam Client, Source Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great, and he also hates windows 8!!! Gabe you rule!

Comment

Nice to finally hear some details on native client and Gabe's interest in linux gaming. I do hope it evolves faster than Duke Nukem Forever though or "Valve Time" will become the next "When it's done" excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
        no thievery going on. freeloading is a better term, but even then it isn't really, if no one is willing to donate, and michael can't make money otherwise, it would seem that phoronix has no marketable value. that's not a crime, it's called the free market, and many newspapers, and news outlets will go the way of the dinosaurs unless they somehow innovate and satisfy market needs.
        no if no one read it and it went bankrupt that means it has no market value. With him commenting here he obviously does read it so it's thievery.

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
          no if no one read it and it went bankrupt that means it has no market value. With him commenting here he obviously does read it so it's thievery.
          To be fair he is writing content in the thread thus expanding it and thus paying his way by other people viewing more ads because of increased thread length

Comment

maybe the nvidia announcement will be: they will actually open source it's drivers so "stop reverse engineering FFS"! hahaha

Anyway secureboot is more like a hell road 'coz intel does something for uefi while M$ does the opposite or something along those lines... let's see how this will end and how soon it won' end.

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
              So you're a thief, got it. "Oh I don't like phoronix so I block ads oh I hate micheal oh I like bitching oh everyone look I'm bitching here" You like phoronix enough to read it but not enough to tolerate a minor annoyance so a man has money to feed his family.
              It's not a minor annoyance, it's evidence of his ineptitude. I do allow ads on sites that actually post relevant information instead of e-begging.

People like you are dumb enough to just accept his crap instead of demanding more, so your point of him trying to provide for his family is completely moot because he doesn't act like the site actually matters to him and it shows in the quality of his reviews and all the things he doesn't post about while chasing stupid, unsubstantiated rumors.

And yes, I know I'm offensive, welcome to the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                answer: Yes ---> and more.
                more means: gabe is willing to fix the OpenGL3 (floating point+s3tc) patent issues for open drivers with money(read: they buy the patent with money and burn the patent with fire).

but this is only the long run. they start with the blobs first because the open-source drivers are not ready yet.
                Would love for it to happen but, source, please?

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
                  Would love for it to happen but, source, please?
                  Do you really want to see his @$$?

i kid, i kid

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                    Do you really want to see his @$$?

i kid, i kid
                    That would be wonderful, would probably get him banned LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
                      /me imagines and delights himself with a future when Linux has Wayland and super-capable open source graphics drivers, and things like Steam and cool games.

Now that would be amazing. =D
                      I was thinking exactly the same.. given recent news probably lots of people think of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X