Valve Working On Explicit Sync Support For "NVK" NVIDIA Vulkan Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

the issue is exactly the opposite of the switch having bad games.

The issue is it had all the good games. 100s of blockbuster nintendo switch exclusives. vs Halo on xbox and gran turismo on playstation.

That is all about developers not giving a shite about your politics or how good the lighting engine is - first and foremost they need a platform that puts development needs over bullshit and hyperbole.
    I wouldn't say that they had all the good games, Playstation has a LOT of them too, it's just that all of the great ones are getting bogged down by the absolute trash that is sonyfornia

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

I wouldn't say that they had all the good games, Playstation has a LOT of them too, it's just that all of the great ones are getting bogged down by the absolute trash that is sonyfornia
      Oh, I'm [was] a playstation guy for gaming. probably gonna actually buy a PS5 and PSVR2 if
      Experience the thrill of aerial combat like never before with Aces of Thunder, the upcoming VR game made specifically with capabilities of PlayStation®VR2 in...

delivers on its promises, that and GT5 and I'll be set for years....

My point is/was, anyone saying:

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

I doubt it. AMD are way ahead in making APUs. Tegra can't really compete. If anything, Intel has higher chance of making something with their own GPU baked in if they decide to enter that market more.

Is gonna have to explain away why pokemon was an nvidia tegra exclusive, and what they think out competed that.

(or just do what they always do, and fall back to the ad hominems)

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
        ​Is gonna have to explain away why pokemon was an nvidia tegra exclusive, and what they think out competed that.
        Exclusives can't help replace outdated hardware. If anything, Nintendo will work with AMD next, not with Nvidia.

Comment

Exclusives can't help replace outdated hardware. If anything, Nintendo will work with AMD next, not with Nvidia.
          exclusives are the software developers choice.

I can quite imagine nvidia gouging nintendo to the point they move to AMD, nvidia will be well aware they are the primary reason for the switches success, and they are as ruthless as they are smart.

Question then is, who will nvidia give the exclusive access to the worlds best GPU software instead, Valve/steamos seems like a very likely contender.
          Last edited by mSparks; 05 May 2024, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Nvidia has to first provide something that's adequate on the APU side before it becomes even relevant. So far they have nothing to compete with AMD.

Comment

Nvidia has to first provide something that's adequate on the APU side before it becomes even relevant. So far they have nothing to compete with AMD.
              only because they were still milking nintendo in the switch. Now the switch is EOL they are for sure looking for the next opportunity for the fab that frees up.

with the latest gen of their gpus and drivers, nvidia already reduced gpu compute energy consumption some 1,000,000 times since the launch of the tegra, AMD hasnt even halved it

this isnt about what you can buy now, its about what their next venture will be.

Only two contenders I know are valve, who already ship a linux distro chock full of closed source software

and

valve and nvidia both contributing to NVK makes it pretty easy to speculate they are both investing in NVK - and afaik that this has nothing to do with things already announced/available.
              Last edited by mSparks; 05 May 2024, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Show Nvidia's APU that can compete instead of some "1,000,000" times nonsense. Otherwise it's a complete waste of time.

Comment

Show Nvidia's APU that can compete instead of some "1,000,000" times nonsense. Otherwise it's a complete waste of time.
                  Highlights of #nvidia ( #nvda stock ) Founder and CEO Jensen Huang speaking at Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR). Highlights include wh...

Comment

Koolaid. To make a competitive APU they need CPU and GPU that can compete with AMD's in the integrated form. They are behind both on embedded GPUs and on CPUs as well. They even tried to buy ARM to have more leverage on that since they don't have access to x86_64.
                    Last edited by shmerl; 05 May 2024, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Koolaid. To make a competitive APU they need CPU and GPU that can compete with AMD's in the integrated form. They are behind both on embedded GPUs and on CPUs as well. They even tried to buy ARM to have more leverage on that since they don't have access to x86_64.
                      lol. tell me you didnt watch the video without telling me you didnt watch the video

H100 is not x86_64, it is running linux/X11

Comment

Working...
                      X