Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nouveau Hopes For Basic Vulkan Driver This Year, NVIDIA To Release Some New Docs Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UpsetingFact View Post
    And this is why they are idiots, fullfilling short-term desires before avoiding long-term problems is why everything is going down.
    No wonder why the web hogs so much CPU and RAM and websites getting utterly hard to maintain... thanks JS kiddies advocating quick-and-dirty "development" because Hype™ !

What about people logically choose something over shits, so they won't always come back then complain because they got overhyped, while not dragging the serious people down ?
    Guess nothing changes, some people are still teens even in their mid-30s, nothing new here.

Also, "Because boring is really good"™: https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/1/28/173
    And you do the same by writing such posts. Fulfilling your short-term desire to express your thoughts, without taking long-term risks ininto account. Nobody will listen to you if you say everybody is an idiot. So you just write that stuff for your own needs and just help with "everything is going down", because your comment doesn't help the slightiest bit.

People aren't idiots because of that. The idiots are those who don't consider natural behaviour and say that everybody else is an idiot, while doing the same thing they criticize all the "idiots" for.

And the result of the research is to find a proper way wo get get people "doing the right thing". We know why the current/old approach doesn't. Now lets find one which does.
    Last edited by karolherbst; 04 February 2018, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post

And you do the same by writing such posts.
      Just grow up.

And not trying to miserably avoid my words through fallacies instead would ya ?

Also, please learn to make things that works before asking people to come, not the other way around.
      Last edited by UpsetingFact; 04 February 2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

karolherbst and other nouveau devs: I think you are doing a good work, thanks to your work I can still use my laptop, so many thanks. However I think your stubbornness is touching and you'll keep your hopes till death:

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

However, while Timothy believed in God, you believe in NVIDIA which is Devil, and, as such, you have even less chances than him of a happy outcome...

Comment

FOSDEM video recordings: https://video.fosdem.org/2018/

Comment

Originally posted by blacknova View Post
            Easy to say, "Just use AMD", while not a problem on desktop, exactly how many laptops with decent AMD graphics have you seen recently?
            I kind of expected this year, new mobile and desktop Ryzen APUs and Intel's MCM package with Vega, as well as simple Vega mobile, we just might finally see decent laptops with AMD GPUs.
            True. It's been a problem for me also. But in the future i believe even that situation will turn around completely.

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post
              nvidia doesn't deserve all this support.
              It isn't for NVidia, it is for users.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Laptops are portable disposable toys, with same money you build a real much more powerful computer. For the CAD use, even a four year old dual core 7 watt celeron cpu laptop can do that. A 400 usd Amd A12-xxxx APU and ssd laptop is much better. The friends of my teen who did have 780M gaming laptops use a desktop computer now.
                my laptopt runs most games fine. And i cant carry my desktop from work to home.

Comment

Working...
                X