Gamma issue with RX Vega 64 on open-source stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamma issue with RX Vega 64 on open-source stack

I mentioned this on Micheal's review thread, but this is probably a better place to come for support.

I'm running my RX Vega on the open-source stack, following the instructions here: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ga-setup&num=1

Performance is great, but the gamma is way off; far too low, both in X and in the console/Plymouth. Ubuntu's purple Plymouth background is practically black.

Setting the gamma to 2.2 using xrandr makes things look better; However, setting it in the Monitor section in xorg.conf seems to have no effect, even though I can see from the Xorg log that the gamma adjustment is requested.

Also, I'm not sure explicitly setting a gamma of 2.2 is the right thing to do; Xorg log shows that the default value is 1.0; and I'd assume this maps to 2.2 as opposed to there being an expectation that it will be set explicitly.

I have previously run an RX480 on the open-source stack and had no such issues; Windows with the Vega card also looks correct, so I don't think I can blame the monitor or card itself.

The problem has been fixed and we'll be sending out patches soon.

Comment

I don't know if I'm building from the right place, but I've just updated and am still having the issue.

Building from here, as recommended by Michael, which seems to have been rebased on 4.13: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...d-staging-4.12

Where is the best place to get your latest work?

Comment

have the same issue. I build the latest staging kernel about weekly, so hopefully soon (fingers crossed).

Comment

I've tried staging-4.12 and drm-next. They both experience these issues...

Comment

The fix is here:

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Applied the patch on top of amd-staging-drm-next and confirmed working, thanks once again!

Comment

Working...
                X