• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Looks like it's time to get Marek a copy of Deus Ex
    Yeah, DEx:MD see massively price cut off right now

Comment

Since AMDGPU Pro only installs on very few select systems, with limited configurations, it's heartening to see the open source drivers improving so much so rapidly. Perhaps I didn't waste that $300+ I spent on my R9 390 after all.

Comment

I'll come back in a year or two to upgrade my GPU to an AMD one. No more an nvidia one with no doubt, as long nouveau is still as slow and their proprietary still as closed as they are (in the sense that true wayland support isn't coming out soon, lack of gallium nine, etc). I hope their vega GPUs gets as good as this generation is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
          30..50% — why not?
          That's the Intel way of thinking. "We went from 3 fps to 4 fps. Let's celebrate a massive 30% performance improvement."

At this point not even the pro driver performance is acceptable, knowing what the hardware is capable of.

Comment

Finally, my next gpu will be AMD.
            Open source drivers and good drivers/performance makes it a no-brainer.
            Congrats AMD, well done!

Comment

These are great charts to see. Well done to the devs involved.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

That's the Intel way of thinking. "We went from 3 fps to 4 fps. Let's celebrate a massive 30% performance improvement."

At this point not even the pro driver performance is acceptable, knowing what the hardware is capable of.
                What makes you think the hardware is capable of more? (In OpenGL, not D3D)

And improving from 40fps to 80fps is not the same as going from 3fps to 4fps. Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

Don't Feral and Valve give them for free to mesa devs anyway?
                  No, Valve gives free copies of their own games only.
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

What makes you think the hardware is capable of more? (In OpenGL, not D3D)

And improving from 40fps to 80fps is not the same as going from 3fps to 4fps. Not at all.
                    I would guess that they're looking at the windows opengl performance and/or Windows synthetic benchmarks?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

I am right in the middle on this. I applaud the free performance boost in software, but if the hardware is capable of 2-4x better, than its basically still useless.

Comment

Working...
                      X