No announcement yet.

Regressed R9 290 Isn't Affected By Issue When Using AMDGPU DRM Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its the async flipping thing (again) there is a patch on the bug report to disable it

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      If anyone wants this fixed in the radeon driver, run a git bisection. So far, no one has done so (except the people who got their problem fixed already).
      I'd be willing to give it a shot. Is there any place that I could see instructions on how to do so and where to submit the results?

Comment

Makes me wonder if this actually reverses the regression or if there just happens to be enough of a performance enhancement that it makes up for the regression.

Comment

Dreakon look at it

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
            its the async flipping thing (again) there is a patch on the bug report to disable it
            I doubt it's the async flipping. amdgpu also enables async flipping.

Comment

It should also be noted that this only seems to affect certain hawaii boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreakon View Post

I'd be willing to give it a shot. Is there any place that I could see instructions on how to do so and where to submit the results?
                Do you have a) an older kernel version that works and b) a kernel version that has the bug? Preferably with versions numbers that are as close together as possible. Once you have that information then doing a bisect is as easy as running one git command then repeatedly compiling and booting a kernel (usually for about 15 compile/test cycles).

Comment

If you can't bisect, please try reverting the the patches I mentioned in the bug report and see if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X