No announcement yet.

Some Fresh Linux 4.8 + Mesa 12.1-dev OpenGL Benchmarks For Radeon GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that much bellow 1%, even issue might be Ubuntu version specific...in Ubuntu which does not represent really whole linux, etc...

So let say R9 290 is 0.5% and driver is opensource, so user need to bisect an issue

Comment

If you have small 4W Temash APU or if you have big Hawaii card, there is no difference there - if you have regresion, you bisect it

Comment

Last i read in the forum about the 290 bug was something like that developers fixed the known bug(s) and they asked all users affected by the bug to bisect it so it can be fixed.
        If no one bisect i don't think the bug will get fixed and i haven't seen that anyone affected by the regression bug bisected.
        So if you are affected and want AMD to fix it then you need to bisect or lean to live with the regression since no-one has bisected the regression with the patches.
        I haven't checked if anyone bisected the regression lately but i don't think so.

Comment

Not only bisection, but affected seems does not even run LIBGL_DRI3_DISABLE=1 to see if DRI3 is an issue there for particular app... Then all ddxes might behave differently there: radeon, amdgpu and modesetting... etc...

For example currently modesetting DRI3 here on Debian Sid have massive missrender and flickering with 4.7 kernel combo on ioRTCW game with gl1 renderer while it is fine with gl2... in the meantime recommended ddx drivers by AMD radeon and amdgpu behave fine with both renderers

Comment

Now i think i will restart this shit as modesetting is utter borked, i can't even logout with it

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

As Michel commented there, either affected users should try this tiny mesa patch and/or bisect kernel:

Hey dungeon, you actually managed to make an informative post worth reading - and you forgot to add your annoying signature smirky smiley. Whats up?

Comment

As you see I found bug with modesetting and tought for a moment should i file bug or not, but nope i don't care about that as AMD recommend their ddx

Comment

So what is default recommended for Hawaii - radeon driver, radeon ddx and DRI2... but users trying to use something else and then complain

Comment

And Michael uses guess what - modesetting... beautiful

Comment

I switched to the AMDGPU kernel driver from radeon kernel driver for my R9 390, and games work really well now. Played Metro 2033 redux this morning, which used to perform much slower earlier.

Comment

Working...
                      X