RadeonSI Gets Another OpenGL 4.5 Extension: ARB_cull_distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    they're maybe roughly 80% done in terms of processing ability (like openGL specs), platform-specific features (like crossfire), and performance capability (compared to Windows). All 3 of these things have a need to be completed but none of them are more important than the others.
    first, some things are made by different people. second, i said that for example if 90% of games are supported feature-wise, but only 10% of games are supported performance-wise, then maybe it is better to focus on performance more

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
      It increases my average FPS
      it does not decrease latency, so it is cheat

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        it does not decrease latency, so it is cheat
        ???

Regardless, it's an improvement. I've got a 144Hz FreeSync-capable monitor, and the difference is visible. Anyway, why wouldn't AMD want to sell more graphics cards? I wouldn't have been surprised if AMD decided to prioritise on CrossFire support over performance enhancements purely from a business standpoint, so saying that they don't want to bother implementing it is both somewhat surprising and disappointing.

Comment

???
          it means when you press button, you will see results after same amount of time as with one card. you will see more often, but old frames
          Anyway, why wouldn't AMD want to sell more graphics cards?
          it wants, but you have to have windows' marketshare for making development profitable

Comment

Working...
          X