That Radeon Performance Regression For R9 290 Might Be Nailed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Except that you are the one screwed your installation up.
    Yeah, your mantra seems to be "users are quilty cos they file bugs also when they don't, but our releases are always shiny even when they are proven not"

Originally posted by atomsymbol
    In my opinion, there is no universal solution to the question whether open-source software is superior to closed-source in terms of app performance and app quality.
    So you have me as universal solution and friendly informer as I am from Z-party, so avoid current releases as much as you can... quality is in it's lowest level

Comment

Nope, some bugs are filled early some are not, but many are just ignored - might be cos of summer season and common vacations, so we all waiting for a winter season all in hope for a better future

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        that is irrelevant. windows has regressions, now what?
        Yes they do, someone mention here how Neverwinter Nights game does not work (can't start) on Linux and Windows with blobs... so i can help you even there

I immidiately found GL_ATI_fragment_shader as the culprit, so Bridgman can suggest his blob team to disable extension for a game... Catalyst does not work, Radeon Software also, amdgpu-pro now start a game but with indirect accel slowmo and with ceartain effect broken... so solution is as simple as just to disable extension

Comment

Originally posted by Xen0sys View Post

Specifically in relation to GPU performance?
          of course their gpu drivers are written not by elves

Comment

Michael,

can you please retest with current Mesa git-dc3bb5d master?

Comment

Working...
            X