AMD Publishes More Open-Source FreeSync Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
    Can't wait until OpenGL 4.5 and Freesync drop. That (and various bug fixes) are all I want, since those are the only significant advantages Nvidia has over AMD right now.
    That, plus performance improvements that will come along with future mesa release once it is "feature complete.

ssokolow : Thanks for the explanation. Then it is really a good thing. I was under the impression that it was much less capable than that, partly due to some monitor specification I read.
    For example, many seem to include a "minimal refresh rate", which I can hardly explain, given that it seems to negate the benefits :/

Then, A question for professionals: would adaptive motion blur be a good thing too (ie, bluring movement when the refresh rate is sub-par)?

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post
      Why exit freesync mode?
      it's xorg driver. on xorg with compositor you have one fullscreen app. without it you don't. on wayland you always have compositor

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
        Can't wait until OpenGL 4.5 and Freesync drop. That (and various bug fixes) are all I want, since those are the only significant advantages Nvidia has over AMD right now.
        nouveau supports neither 4.5 nor freesync

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          nouveau supports neither 4.5 nor freesync
          You're nitpicking. It's obvious he wasn't talking about nouveau. Besides nvidia's proprietary driver vs amd's oss driver is the current status quo, so he was totally correct in his assumption anyway.

Comment

it's xorg driver. on xorg with compositor you have one fullscreen app. without it you don't. on wayland you always have compositor
            this is just about drm, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
              You're nitpicking. It's obvious he wasn't talking about nouveau
              there are no other linux driver for nvidia hardware

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post

this is just about drm, isn't it?
                what is 'this' ? this article is about x extension

Comment

there are no other linux driver for nvidia hardware
                  You know just as well as everyone else that nVidia has a proprietary driver and officially that's the one nVidia supports.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                    You know just as well as everyone else that nVidia has a proprietary driver and officially that's the one nVidia supports.
                    You know just as well as everyone else that nvidia proprietary driver is windows blob with linux wrapper

Comment

i can't edit my post, so...
                      nvidia windows driver does not work on linux in general and does not come installed out of the box like real drivers

Comment

Working...
                      X