No announcement yet.

AMD R600g Is Making Progress With Tessellation, Running Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People keep on talking about fp64 emulation like doubles are a really hot GL4 feature, and still I have yet to actually find an application using it. I don't think I've ever heard of a game using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
      Currently tested hw: working: CAYMAN, REDWOOD, BARTS, TURKS
      So I will be able to try Trine 3 on my Radeon HD 6870 once this is cleaned up and merged. Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post

So I will be able to try Trine 3 on my Radeon HD 6870 once this is cleaned up and merged. Thanks all.
        All i can say is that Trine 3 works with my radeonsi card.
        I never tried to start it with NI using overrides and i don't know what extensions it needs.

EDIT: tested with mesa override and i could play Trine 3 with my NI but it had some rendering errors but nothing to intrusive i could still play the game during my short test.
        Last edited by Nille_kungen; 01 December 2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
          People keep on talking about fp64 emulation like doubles are a really hot GL4 feature, and still I have yet to actually find an application using it. I don't think I've ever heard of a game using it.
          People aren't talking about fp64 for the sake of fp64 itself. It's that some games request a 4.0/4.1/4.2 context and you don't get that out-of-the-box without fp64. *That* is why people want it. It's not about f64, it's about getting games working without the need to fiddle with the launchers to add override flags.

Comment

Good job David Now with the latest commits tesselation is marked as done for Mesa 11.2
            Last edited by Nille_kungen; 04 December 2015, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
              People aren't talking about fp64 for the sake of fp64 itself. It's that some games request a 4.0/4.1/4.2 context and you don't get that out-of-the-box without fp64. *That* is why people want it. It's not about f64, it's about getting games working without the need to fiddle with the launchers to add override flags.
              That seems like such a good reason. It's certainly much easier to implement DOUBLE PRECISION FLOATING POINT MATH ON GPUs than it is to set an environment variable.

Comment

Working...
              X