Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
    I still don't get why the interface isn't the same on Linux. :/
    Is interface the same for Intel or nVidia? I think that it isn't.

Beside that most of those Crimson Windows options would be empty on Linux... let say probably more then 60% of options will be missing. They can't be the same simply as there is no LFC; FreeSync, DirectX shader cache or anything related, Mantle, Frame Pacing, FTC; VSR, LiquidVR.. i can continue if you wish

Crimson is i think fantastic, if we ignore that this happens on Windows mostly... well at least we get OpenGL part of it
    Last edited by dungeon; 24 November 2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

@ dungeon, I know how much you like those drivers. But doesn't this make you feel like a third world citizen waiting for food aid?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        @ dungeon, I know how much you like those drivers. But doesn't this make you feel like a third world citizen waiting for food aid?
        With Radeon Software i currently enjoy my computers, there i am also free of lockups, filling bugs and bisecting all of opensource driver bugs and regressions

I dont like Radeon Software driver that much how i am bored with fighting with those opensource driver incosistencies and bored with all the patching to run it as i wish Maybe if get bored of this tramendious Radeon Software stability, i will revert to opensource driver - it is still there isn't it

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Don't have to, looking at the driver on my Windows laptop and except for the fancy driver launcher programs, behind the scenes look same old crap.

And the proof:

When you select advanced settings, it launches the old Catalyst interface.

Sadly they ripoff everyone. Is that how they are gonna do their next products, will be a sad year for AMD and it's users.

Comment

Originally posted by darkcoder View Post
            Don't have to, looking at the driver on my Windows laptop and except for the fancy driver launcher programs, behind the scenes look same old crap.
            GUIs are crap anyway, people should use console, editing various configs, xorg.conf and making Catalyst profiles manually

Openbox is openbox, edit xml files to configure it... there is not need for GUI at all.... but people makes LXDE, but people makes other DE, they say WM is not enough to be DE Pervert it tramendiosly and make KDE

DOS is enough, why GUI i dunno. But Win 95 appeared and there was no way to return from there

Once i saw i286 with ventilator, i knew that shit begins
            Last edited by dungeon; 25 November 2015, 01:40 AM.

Comment

GUIs are only "crap" if you're completely tasteless.
              For those of us who aren't, they represent a certain beauty as well as ergonomy.

As much as I enjoy typing into a shell from time to time, often things are simply more seamless and quicker with an actual, graphical interface.
              As much as I love text adventures, sometimes I'm hungering for some graphics.

Humans are visual beings.

Comment

Originally posted by darkcoder

And the proof:
                IMG

When you select advanced settings, it launches the old Catalyst interface.

Sadly they ripoff everyone. Is that how they are gonna do their next products, will be a sad year for AMD and it's users.
                I wonder if that interface is based on the same codebase as the current AMDCCCLE? It looks like it might be.
                Last edited by duby229; 27 November 2015, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post
                  GUIs are only "crap" if you're completely tasteless.
                  For those of us who aren't, they represent a certain beauty as well as ergonomy.

As much as I enjoy typing into a shell from time to time, often things are simply more seamless and quicker with an actual, graphical interface.
                  As much as I love text adventures, sometimes I'm hungering for some graphics.

Humans are visual beings.
                  So before GUIs people were not been visual beings i guess

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post

You could just as easily say that AMD never said the new Qt UI was Windows-only. After all, when a vendor has a cross-platform product, it is *assumed* that all supported platforms have feature parity, unless otherwise stated.
                    You joking, aren't you?
                    Did you expect a .NET control panel for Linux in the previous drivers, or what? Feature parity: I bet that even nvidia or intel don't have feature parity, should we now expect it from AMD?

Comment

Working...
                    X