DRI2 vs. DRI3 Radeon Linux OpenGL Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnAkIn View Post
    I think it's a build-time option, so whomever builds mesa has the option either way. And I'm pretty sure the build in the default pacman repo doesn't have it enabled, correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
      I think it's a build-time option, so whomever builds mesa has the option either way. And I'm pretty sure the build in the default pacman repo doesn't have it enabled, correct me if I'm wrong.
      The option is turned on by default for Linux builds, it doesn't need to be specified.

Comment

Originally posted by AnAkIn View Post

The option is turned on by default for Linux builds, it doesn't need to be specified.
        Then it means arch specifically turns it off by default. Trust me, I tried enabling it but it doesn't work.

Mesa build from lcarlier on the other hand, works as it should.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
          Then it means arch specifically turns it off by default. Trust me, I tried enabling it but it doesn't work.

Mesa build from lcarlier on the other hand, works as it should.

It's not turned off in mesa PKGBUILD, and it was working last time I've tried. Will try again later.

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
            Thus the difference will only appear when we render faster than the screen can show, meaning no user side improvement.
            Thats an improvement for some, as Xonotic, darkplaces, and many open source games only take input once per frame. Its why i disable vsync when using any of these games, because 400 input ticks per second is noticably better than 60. While 500->400 is not as big of a difference as 400->60, it may help.

Comment

Trying to enable DRI3 i get this:
              [ 25369.650] (WW) RADEON(0): Option "DRI3" is not used

man radeon do not show any DRI3 option... i'm using xf86-video-ati-7.5.0, mesa-11.0.4 (with --enable-dri3), libdrm-2.4.65 and xorg-server-1.17.3

also, kernel 4.2.5 on a slackware64

Any tip why it is failing and how to fix this

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                ... I think only one of these GPUs would need to be tested for that. We got the gist, I don't think all 3 need to be compared.
                So you think Northern Islands, Southern Islands and Sea Islands all behave the same?

Comment

Originally posted by higuita View Post

man radeon do not show any DRI3 option... i'm using xf86-video-ati-7.5.0, mesa-11.0.4 (with --enable-dri3), libdrm-2.4.65 and xorg-server-1.17.3
                  So how did you try to enable the option? It seems the X server didn't pick up your setting. For me on Slackware it seems to work.

Comment

Option "DRI" "3"

like on intel

Comment

It's probably not a definitive way of checking, but if the version of the xf86-video-ati driver isn't 7.5.99 or higher; DRI3 isn't supported based on what I've seen (yours appears to be 7.5.0). I could attest to this on both Ubuntu and Fedora.

Comment

Working...
                      X