No announcement yet.

RadeonSI With OpenGL 4 Showing Nice Performance Against Catalyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've probably missed a lot recently, been working hard on some proprietary stuff, with hope that it will be open source one day.

But what about shader cache? I hoped it's already upstream...
    I still see that shader compilation takes a lot of time, that's sad...

Comment

What happened with a shader cache? I didn't follow the development recently, but it should have been solved a lot of performance issues.

Comment

Like I've said before, if you want all open-source, you can't beat radeon/mesa. nvidia and intel are not on par.

Comment

Originally posted by nirvanix View Post
          Like I've said before, if you want all open-source, you can't beat radeon/mesa. nvidia and intel are not on par.
          nvidia is understandable but I don't understand your statement about Intel, who contribute a crap ton of code for their own hardware unlike nouveau or even radeon.

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post
            nvidia is understandable but I don't understand your statement about Intel, who contribute a crap ton of code for their own hardware unlike nouveau or even radeon.
            I think his statement is about Intel does not make high performance dedicated cards... It is easer for Intel to support just APUs, imagine AMD who support just APUs in opensource driver

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post
              Well, don't overestimate Intel, despite their huge contributions, Radeon and NV are ahead somehow. They have 4.1, and Intel doesn't have it yet

?€‹The point is that it's not a race. Though maybe it is.‹
              ?
              ?Michael, can you get rid of those ae symbols inserted on new line?
              ?
              Last edited by vadimg; 22 August 2015, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vadimg View Post
                What happened with a shader cache? I didn't follow the development recently, but it should have been solved a lot of performance issues.

Comment

Thanks. So, in short, what's a problem with it? I've proposed that solution since 2011, though i didn't implement it myself. Is it still not considered good enough? Does it need more work, maybe known issues? Or just a lack of support?
                  ?
                  ?Is the problem is that no one has force to push it though?
                  ?The shader cache really needs to be pushed, if it helps.
                  Last edited by vadimg; 22 August 2015, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks. So, in short, what's a problem with it? I've proposed that solution since 2011, though i didn't implement it myself. Is it still not considered good enough? Does it need more work, maybe known issues? Or just a lack of support?
                    ?€‹
                    ?€‹Is the problem is that no one has force to push it though?
                    ?€‹The shader cache really needs to be pushed, if it helps.
                    Michael, please fix the engine to avoid those newline symbols

Comment

Michael, please fix the engine to avoid those newline symbols
                      Feel free to contact me via [email protected]
                      ?€‹Delete this message when you see it, it's my public address yet I don't want any additional spam. 
                      ?
                      ?The editor really goes crazy

Comment

Working...
                      X