Radeon LLVM Code Generation Improvements Being Worked On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
    Has someone done some tests on some games see if we can measure the influence ? For example with Unigine Heaven.
    Nothing it seems ... other then 10 piglits regression with newest llvm, i don't see perfromance improvment

Actually perf goes down by ~-4% for gtkperf, but that is with recent Dave's cube map arrays patches .

@sobkas

AFAIK no AMD devs will do it , so kind of story is "if no one from community stepped in to fix r600 llvm it will only bitrot even more by the time" . Officially llvm GL is not supported on r600, etc...
    Last edited by dungeon; 15 April 2015, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
      Just test the quality of RadeonSI (not the performance) with something deep like PCSX2 GSDX-OGL and GSDX-CL. You will see that your driver is an infant that cannot speak.
      What do you mean?

Comment

He likely thinks about missing features, like OpenGL 4.x and OpenCL 1.2 and image support... GSDX-OGL can also use subroutine for performance, image_load_store for accuracy - both features are missing, etc... and we all know how much mesa devs like GL_ARB_shader_subroutine extension, etc...
        Last edited by dungeon; 15 April 2015, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
          What is the status of radeon OpenCL?
          I would like to use it for photo editing (darktable, NeatImage).

Currently, I'm happy with Catalyst. But, I would try the open source driver if I also could use it for working on raw images.
          While in my opinion OpenCL support with radeonsi is already quite good (all my self-written kernels work), it's not complete enough for darktable, which would require image support.

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
            What do you mean?
            artivision is a troll. You should probably add it to your ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post
              He said he was interested to see what happened if all the optimisation passes for the various IR in Mesa were disabled and everything was left up to LLVM if you have some basic programming knowledge I don't think this would be to hard to try out.
              well i tried and is not that trivial, i mean at code level is not uber hard but require lots of time to figure out relations inside mesa - galllium - llvm but i don't have enough free time to do so properly, hence i'm willing to test patches but is very unlikely i try code it myself in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
                artivision is a troll. You should probably add it to your ignore list.

You are completely ignorant. I have at least the knowledge for a small advice!

Comment

Originally posted by soulsource View Post
                  While in my opinion OpenCL support with radeonsi is already quite good (all my self-written kernels work), it's not complete enough for darktable, which would require image support.
                  Thank you for that information.
                  Is there a status page where I could follow the OpenCL progress? Or just read the phoronix news :-)?

Comment

Working...
                  X