• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool pic

Comment

Hahahaha, you gotta love humor

Comment

It's not my creation though. Found it on a German Ubuntu forum.

As you can guess, everyone's complaining about the constant tearing :P

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          It's not my creation though. Found it on a German Ubuntu forum.

As you can guess, everyone's complaining about the constant tearing :P
          Haha, nice, this was mine.
          I was a bit bored at work.

will this problem ever be fixed?

Dennis

Comment

Hi Guys,

I admit being new on the forums, and I have just got to ask: Will Catalyst 8.9 support xorg-server-1.5.x, or did I read that ATI will not support server-1.5, but will wait until xorg-server-1.6.x? I would like to know...

I just updated my Gentoo installation which put xorg-server-1.5.1 on my system (and it was a hassle to manual hunt down and install all of the right versions of the new drivers with xorg too), and now Catalyst-8.8 won't install or even get loaded. For now I'm having to use the 'radeonhd' driver on my built-in HD2600 card.

Thanks,
            --Spicerun

Comment

An interesting find

Apparently AMD is going to bring Blu-Ray playback to Linux here shortly:

http://http://resources.vr-zone.com/...t_roadmap1.png

I wonder if that will make UVD/UVD2 available as well, at least with the Catalyst drivers?

Comment

we just need good drivers ready to install, like under Windows

Comment

Originally posted by jerome92300 View Post
                  we just need good drivers ready to install, like under Windows
                  they have good drivers ready to install, they just dont seem to be available for the configurations some of us are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by rektide View Post
                    they have good drivers ready to install, they just dont seem to be available for the configurations some of us are looking for.
                    Yes, very good drivers. Tearing in Xv till your eyes hurt, no video and no 3D in composite, slow as hell windows resizing...

Very good drivers indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                      Yes, very good drivers. Tearing in Xv till your eyes hurt, no video and no 3D in composite, slow as hell windows resizing...

Very good drivers indeed.
                      Tearing in XV, video with composite: almost fixed in 9.1 and completely fixed in 9.2.

3d with composite affects the whole linux graphics stack. It will (finally) be fixed at some point in 2009.

You also forgot to complain about video decoding (they are working on it) and OpenCL (they already demonstrated an implementation - check youtube.)

Their drivers are getting pretty good. Don't believe me? Try installing 7.12 or 8.1 (just one year back) and see for yourself

Comment

Working...
                      X