No announcement yet.

DRI3 Support Finally Added To AMD's Radeon X.Org Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm experiencing crashes with iceweasel (aka firefox) with dri3 enabled on radeonsi. Do you?

BTW no warnings in dmesg or /usr/var/log/Xorg.0.log.

Any hints to catch these crashes?
    Last edited by lorenzoz; 18 March 2015, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lorenzoz View Post
      I'm experiencing crashes with iceweasel (aka firefox) with dri3 enabled on radeonsi. Do you?

BTW no warnings in dmesg or /usr/var/log/Xorg.0.log.

Any hints to catch these crashes?
      Here chromium crashes the X server with DRI3 enabled and EXA acceleration. Switching to glamor fixes the issue for me. (However I'm not on radeonsi)

But unless you explicitely specify EXA in xorg.conf glamor should be used by default on radeonsi.

PS : Arch wiki also recommends glamor in case of browser crashes

Comment

Originally posted by Scias View Post
        Here chromium crashes the X server with DRI3 enabled and EXA acceleration. Switching to glamor fixes the issue for me. (However I'm not on radeonsi)

But unless you explicitely specify EXA in xorg.conf glamor should be used by default on radeonsi.

PS : Arch wiki also recommends glamor in case of browser crashes
        I'm using glamor as accelerator, so it should be fine.
        There are also crash in Dota2 while pressing ALT+TAB to switch between windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
          Where did you get your DDX driver from?

Comment

With glamor, i get firefox misbehaving in very odd ways, rendering it unusable. Screen corruption fills the window space, and i have to resize to make it look good again.
            Anyone else see this?
            With EXA chromium doesnt start

Comment

Originally posted by ciupenhauer View Post
              With glamor, i get firefox misbehaving in very odd ways, rendering it unusable. Screen corruption fills the window space, and i have to resize to make it look good again.
              Anyone else see this?
              With EXA chromium doesnt start
              Firefox works fine here with glamor/DRI3.
              Perhaps it's because of the window manager/compositor ? I tested under GNOME 3.16 beta (mutter).
              Last edited by Scias; 18 March 2015, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I got back to the latest DDX but with disabled DRI3 and it still didn't seem that sane.
                I'm guessing it may not be the DRI3 but something else that causes problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Scias View Post
                  Firefox works fine here with glamor/DRI3.
                  Perhaps it's because of the window manager/compositor ? I tested under GNOME 3.16 beta (mutter).
                  Im using gnome 3.14. Might be that i made changes to firefox that i can't remember. Will try to reinstall.
                  Everything else seems to work fine, at least under glamor. I can also report seemingly better performance under gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                    I'm guessing it may not be the DRI3 but something else that causes problems.
                    Yes I think that is the point.
                    I've reverted all my changes in about:config (related to graphics) and now firefox is working well even with dri3 enabled.

Comment

Working...
                    X