Radeon R600/RadeonSI Gallium3D Git Code Delivers Performance Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Do you guys know that both DX12 and Vulkan are Mantle a like APIs? ...
    Yes, I do.
    But this doesn't answer my question.

Comment

Sorry about that, you may try Windows 10 and see for yourself what cards are supported or just read some articles about that status around a net... AMD is GCN only (which means no older chips are supported nor planed) and for Nvidia Fermi and up, while currently even GCN 1.0 is buggy and Fermi is not enabled, etc...

Both AMD and NVIIDA have already committed to supporting DirectX 12 (and by extension WDDM 2.0) on GCN 1.0 and later and Fermi and later respectively, so while we can?t test these products today, they should be working by the time DirectX 12 ships.

Comment

...GCN 1.0 is buggy...
        How those things does not metter , that reminds me on our bugs with GCN 1.0 too There might be really some hardware bug flawing around for those

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=87278 and this in not the only one...

BTW, about DX12 an W10... someone said nVidia will support more gens which is not quite true, because before W10 launch there will be fourth GCN gen, so in the end there will be equal amount of generations supported for both vendors for W10 launch - read it as 4 for both or if you like 3+1 for both... anyway no one mentioned terrascale chips support.
        Last edited by dungeon; 10 March 2015, 11:00 PM.

Comment

How those things does not metter , that reminds me on our bugs with GCN 1.0 too There might be really some hardware bug flawing around for those

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=87278 and this in not the only one...

BTW, about DX12 an W10... someone said nVidia will support more gens which is not quite true, because before W10 launch there will be fourth GCN gen, so in the end there will be equal amount of generations supported for both vendors for W10 launch - read it as 4 for both or if you like 3+1 for both... anyway no one mentioned terrascale chips support.
          I haven't experienced a bug with GCN 1.0 in a long while now with my 7950. Rather than hardware bugs, any problem you experience with GCN is more than likely related to the LLVM backend which generates shaders for the hardware, such as the above link that you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
            I haven't experienced a bug with GCN 1.0 in a long while now with my 7950.
            Do you tried to actually reproduce some of the bugs? Let say with trace from this comment, where also 7950 card is used https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=87278#c23

Comment

Working...
            X