No announcement yet.

HD 2600 PRO AGP - driver problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, as soon as I noticed this thread, I signed up and read every post here. I have bought the same graphic card, Radeon HD 2600 PRO AGP, finding out there wasn't any driver, sure wasn't good to hear. I check the ATI homepage 1 min later, and what do I see? The new version 8.3 :] When I had checked it only 2 min earlier with the old still there, 8.2

Now the BAD news: Trying to install this new version didn't work for me. Still getting the same error message, unsupported hardware or like that. Taking a look at the release notes, nothing in it (far as I could tell) mentions added AGP support.

Comment

Yes, Catalyst 8.3 for Windows doesn't support Radeon 2600 for AGP... I will try C8.3 for Linux... but link doesn't work... I like ATI products, I always bought only ATI cards, but this situation is not fair for users...
      Last edited by nadro; 05 March 2008, 06:15 PM.

Comment

yeap, link doesn't work....

=/

bridgman, thanks for keeping us informed...
        but i would realy appreciate some confirmation about 8.3 for linux supporting our card...

Comment

link is working now.....

Comment

Originally posted by theblackkat View Post
            link is working now.....

Glad to hear that I'll keep on hoping the next catalyst, 8.4, will have agp support...for Windows XP
            Last edited by Spero; 06 March 2008, 11:08 AM.

Comment

good news everyone!!!!

i downloaded and succesfully instaled Catalyst 8.3 on my Ubuntu 7.10, and guess what....

IT WORKED!!!!!!!

everything seems to be alright, here is my output of fglrxinfo:

display: :0.0 screen: 0
              OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
              OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP
              OpenGL version string: 2.1.7412 Release

happy "HD2600 PRO AGP-ing"!!!!!

and thanks to everyone who made this happen..... ^^
              Last edited by theblackkat; 05 March 2008, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Ok not bad The card now work with the performance equivalent of a radeon 9250 card!!!!!

WTF did you guy's do at AMD did you test the driver on a few AGP HD2XXX before releasing this driver?

I hope that someone has some tweak for this driver because this card is returning in it's box again!

Comment

compiz-fusion with AIGLX is OK But the gaming performance still is on par with a radeon 9250!!!

C'mon your so close HDR work and motion blur work too BTW

Comment

Yes the january hotfix.
                    And gears of war still isnt working and Ive done a system restore.
                    Its this DX10 for xp it doesnt work.
                    But before I had it installed and just in general the card ran really badly with like 15fps in ANY game.
                    Lachy.

Comment

Drivers works properly on my Fedora Performance of speed isn't good, but this is first good step for 2xxx series AGP for Linux I run application on Linux (Catalyst 8.3) and Windows XP (the latest Omega Drivers) and on Linux I have about 160FPS, on Windows 310FPS, I hape than performance of speed will be better in C8.4

Comment

Working...
                      X